My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I have had some minor tank equalizing problems, does anyone know how Husqvarna equalizes the tank pressure on their machines? I thought most did it through the gas cap but don't see a vent hole on my machine. There is a vented gas cap bladder but I don't see the exit hole. YTH22V42LS

thanks

Vern

·
MNWinterGuy
9 Posts
Ditto. I have had the same issue with my YTH23V42LS. It wouldn't start until I loosend the gas cap. I have found if I don't over tighten the cap, it seems to work fine. Seems like that shouldn't be the solution though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I beleive I may be having the same issue. I have a YTH20K46 and it keeps shutting off on me. I see air bubbles release inside the gas tank and then it will start. How am I going to fix this?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Y'all made me go pull my gas cap off so I can show how it vents. First, it doesn't seal against the threads of the fuel neck, unless you overly tighten it down. It seals against the inside of the fuel neck. There's a rubber baffle inside the cap that does this.

First picture shows inside the gas cap.

Second shows the rubber baffle pulled out. Notice the small holes. Those allow the tank to vent through.

Third pic shows the other side of the baffle. I circled one of the little notches that allow the venting to outside the baffle where it can travel down the threads out to the atmosphere. And yes, you can see some condensation on this side of the baffle. I live in hot humid Savannah.

If you're having problem, pop the rubber baffle out and make sure the holes and slots are clear.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you having some issues with your mower choking on the gas and from the word around its very common, heres the latest to fix the issue. Jack up the back of your mower. Run it foward for 20 seconds, then backwards for 20 seconds. Its "supposed" to purge the system and fix the issue. Let me know how that treats you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts