My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a Husqvarna 128LD just as a lighter trimmer and to get attachments for down the road, edger mainly. It came with their T25 head. It doesn't seem to like feeding string very much, like once every 5 or 10 tries. Has this same behavior with both the titanium force that came in it and some twisted string. Are they known to behave this way, or require breaking in? I ordered a knock off speed feed for it but was just curious.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bought a Husqvarna 128LD just as a lighter trimmer and to get attachments for down the road, edger mainly. It came with their T25 head. It doesn't seem to like feeding string very much, like once every 5 or 10 tries. Has this same behavior with both the titanium force that came in it and some twisted string. Are they known to behave this way, or require breaking in? I ordered a knock off speed feed for it but was just curious.

Got the speed feed (Huztl knock off). Guessing its equivalent to a 375 or 400 as it only holds I'm guessing about 15 feet of .095. Put 12 feet in it for now. Seems built fine, feeds string great. Can't wait to try it.

Think my problem with the T25 is its relatively small and light, so it loses momentum quickly, so you have to really be into the throttle when you tap, and also smack it hard. Oh well, its a back up now.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, version 3.0 and hopefully last. The speed feed works well but with having to use the spacer, it could line up better with the cut off knife than it does. It works, but not perfect. The speed feed cuts a lil low for my tastes too as I like to rest the head on the ground.

First I figured I would try the T25 again.
Worked great the first time, then didnt like advancing line the next time I tried it.

So I figured I would try the Husqvarna T35. The T35 holds way more line than any of the others, put 20 feet of .095 in it and the spool had plenty of room left. The tap advance seems to work as good or better than the speed feed even. So far, so good.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This T35 is by far my favorite head I've ever tried. Holds a lot of line, bump feed works perfect, easy to spool. Previously the Echomatic was my favorite, although I seem to be in the minority on that one. Never tried the Echomatic Pro.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For gits and shiggles I tried Stihl CF3 Pro in the T25. Works perfectly, and reliably, go figure.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For gits and shiggles I tried Stihl CF3 Pro in the T25. Works perfectly, and reliably, go figure.
Nevermind, used it all day yesterday and it wasn't reliable at all, as far as feeding line.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts