My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 40 of 2994 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Found a dealer in SC who will ship to my work and give me the same price as you got
If I can't get the local guy to work with me I'm all set

Also got an offer on my x748 but I need to stall a day or 2 to make sure my home sale moves thru

·
Registered
335 Posts
I have one more request after walking the hilly lot I am purchasing.

Can you measure the seat height? From the ground to the seating surface please!

Trying to see how high you sit compared to a x300 or x500 series.

Thank you in advance!

·
Rider on the Storm
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
With someone sitting in the seat, I measured 30.5" from the floor of my garage to the top of the seat cushion. Not sure how that compares to the JD x-series, but given that there is no engine in front of you, visibility on the 322T is great!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Thank you, I think the seat height on a JD x300 is 43"

Same on x5 series and some are 51"

Seems like you can pass under branches easier on the rider and the centre of gravity is lower on the r322 also

The stance is narrower on the 322 than a JD riding mower

Found a dealership 43 miles south of me that has a r322t in stock!
Has the 43 side discharge (won't work for me ) but at least I can test it out there and maybe order the model with the 103 combi

Asked another dealer for a quote with the 103 combi and a quote with the 112 deck
They said they called husqvarna and answer was 103 or the 48" only
Combi 112 was not available
Think if I had my choice I'd take a 112 but the 103 will work

·
Rider on the Storm
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Asked another dealer for a quote with the 103 combi and a quote with the 112 deck
They said they called husqvarna and answer was 103 or the 48" only
Combi 112 was not available
Think if I had my choice I'd take a 112 but the 103 will work
That is true actually... I was interested in the Combi 112, but the dealer said that only the 48" side discharge and Combi 103 were available for sale in the US. Very strange as the sales literature specifically said that there was a 112cm deck for sale. In any event, the dealer is being truthful... I was told the same thing a few months ago when I bought mine.

By the way, the 322T with the Combi 103 is $150 more than the 322T with the 48" side discharge. You could get the 48" deck and order the mulching kit. Personally, I'd buy the Combi deck, but it depends on your needs. The 103 deck makes the Rider very nimble... I am very glad I got that and not the 48" width (which is even wider with the grass chute sticking out!).

·
Registered
335 Posts
Ok I just went out to the garage and measured my JD x748 is 36" front the floor to the seat surface. So its 5.5" higher than the 322
Wheels are 47" wide track in the rear.

·
Registered
335 Posts
so I have a question, the engine is bolted to the frame wich is stationary

the rear axle trans assy steers and pivots I think right?

so how is the power transfered from the crank to the hydro trans?

belt?

·
Rider on the Storm
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
That is one impressive machine ! So do you have a plow or a snow blower for winter ? and is a cab available ? Just curious.
I have the snowblower attachment. It's my profile pic, and I've posted pics of it in various threads as well. I have yet to test it out with real snow. :)

·
Rider on the Storm
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
so I have a question, the engine is bolted to the frame wich is stationary

the rear axle trans assy steers and pivots I think right?
Correct!
so how is the power transfered from the crank to the hydro trans?

belt?
Yes, it's actually belt transfer for both transmissions. Both are serviceable by a single gearbox that distributes 10W-50 oil to both front and rear transaxles. I have yet to lose traction on any of my hills... and they are pretty steep and have weird divots.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
I have the snowblower attachment. It's my profile pic, and I've posted pics of it in various threads as well. I have yet to test it out with real snow. :)
OOPS ! The old eyes didn't catch it in your profile pic ! I remember you inquirng about a blower or plow, but didn't know which you decided on. You won't be sorry with the blower.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Drove to k&m in culpepper va and test drove the rider today!

Rides very nicely and of course excellent traction, felt stable on hills
Cut a bit of grass on some slopes.
It will take some getting used to the steering , both because it steers at the rear and because the cable setup transmits some shock back to the steering wheel.
Overall it was smooth and quiet I thought.

I did notice it took a bit to get started cold. Full choke and it cranked quite a bit before firing. I also noticed a small backfire when I turned the engine off warm with the throttle at idle
Annoying , I wish the us models had Kawasaki engines

·
Rider on the Storm
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Ok one more question.
? How Do you turn on the headlights?
It's part of the key setup for the ignition. You turn the key all the way to the right to fire over the engine, and then when engine is running, you turn it one click back to the light icon to turn on the lights (engine stays runnning). Then, to stop the engine and shut off the lights, you simply turn the key all the way to the left and take out the key if you wish to do so.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Very nice on the headlight setup! cool

ok question # 500 million !:sorry1:

I have always had JD equipment , and I am concrned about the warranty from Husqvarna and parts availability

do you have a copy of the warranty that cam with the rider?
i can find john deeres warranty stament on line easy and its basically bumper to bumper!

Husqvarna seems to not have a warranty statment anywhere?

any possibility of posting it?

·
Rider on the Storm
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Very nice on the headlight setup! cool

ok question # 500 million !:sorry1:

I have always had JD equipment , and I am concrned about the warranty from Husqvarna and parts availability

do you have a copy of the warranty that cam with the rider?
i can find john deeres warranty stament on line easy and its basically bumper to bumper!

Husqvarna seems to not have a warranty statment anywhere?

any possibility of posting it?
I just looked through my paperwork, and I honestly can't find the warranty statement. I know Husqvarna warrants the tractor, excluding the engine and drivetrain. Briggs warrants the engine, and Tuff Torq warrants the transmissions (drivetrain). I had 2 minor claims: the clip that holds down the engine cover was partially broken, and the blade brake broke after a short time. Both were replaced on Husqvarna's dime with no question, and neither has given a problem since.

I'd contact the selling dealer, and contact the dealer you plan to use for service and get them to supply warranty paperwork. I have 2 dealers near me that provide great service... so I tend to bounce back and forth between them. Both are authorized Briggs and Tuff Torq repair centers, so they can honor the warranty of all components of the Rider. Parts availability for warranted items has not been an issue thus far. The full instruction booklet and schematic diagrams are freely available in PDF format on the Husqvarna website.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I still think its nuts to sell a $5200 rider and not provide a writen warranty
I will be calling the dealer tomorrow and asking him to fax me a copy of whatever statement HUsqvarna gives on warranty
this is to big a purchase to not check on this!
I am glad to hear your dealer has stood behind the product so far!

·
Rider on the Storm
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I am glad to hear your dealer has stood behind the product so far!
I'm pretty sure the Rider is covered for 3 years by the various manufacturers. I have done business at those dealers for years and have always been satisfied, so I wasn't as concerned with them honoring the warranty. But so far, I have been very satisfied with the product, the service (warranty or otherwise), and the servicing dealers. :thThumbsU

·
Registered
335 Posts
found the doc on line!

looks like 2 years inc the trans

they specifically mention front deck riders

for comparison I will also post JD warranty docs
on the X360 tractor $5299 for comparison
4 year 300 hours
pretty strong compared to husqvarnas 2 years

Attachments

·
Rider on the Storm
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
found the doc on line!

looks like 2 years inc the trans

they specifically mention front deck riders

for comparison I will also post JD warranty docs
on the X360 tractor $5299 for comparison
4 year 300 hours
pretty strong compared to husqvarnas 2 years
Looks like you are correct. Two years for Husqvarna Rider (excluding engine, including transmissions) vs 4 years for JD x500. You'll have to decide if it's worth the trade off. I'd still call your Husqvarna dealer(s) tomorrow and talk it over before you make a decision.

21 - 40 of 2994 Posts