My Tractor Forum banner
3301 - 3311 of 3311 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Ok, I mowed everything tonight, it ran very well. I ran over a couple 1.5” tree branches and it shredded those. Anytime I was in thick grass the engine was making the deep throaty groan. The deck was also back to its normal tempo/howl. Not one sputter or pop.

if I see any other negative issues I’ll report them here on the forum (whine and complain!😤

For the record, in this order, I:

Ran three tanks of Seafoam treated gas’s through it.
Tightened the plastic manifold a few times. (fixed it for short periods)
Replaced the plastic manifold with the metal one.
Adjusted the rocker arm tolerances. (Found one exhaust valve at .014)
Removed the carb top plate and solenoid valve off the bottom, flushed generously with Valvolene carb & choke cleaner.
I also treated tonight’s tank of gas with Seafoam.

I’m back in business for now.

👍

Thank you MTF!
Mark

·
Registered
2013 Husqvarna R322T, JD 990, Poulan Pro
87 Posts
I am thinking that this is the right time of year to work on the snowblower. I hate doing mechanical work in the snow. I put mine on and it seems ok to go but it does make some noise like the chain needs adjusting. I can’t see it does. How noisy are these 2 stage blowers?
My biggest concern is blowing snow covering me when I’m riding it. I searched Craig’s List and found a free cab for a walk-behind blower like someone adapted earlier in this thread. A friend gave me a length of 3/4” Iron pipe. I found some metal left from installing the snow blade last fall. Here is the free cab and the metal after I made it into brackets:
IMG_0795.jpeg IMG_0793.jpeg
I bent the pipe with a borrowed tool.
IMG_0802.jpeg IMG_0801.jpeg
Then I installed the metal brackets to the front frame.
IMG_0794.jpeg
That let me test assemble the bent pipe and brackets. And weld them up.
IMG_0806.jpeg
I sat the cab on top and added a couple of hinges and tried it out for size.
IMG_0809.jpeg IMG_0812.jpeg IMG_0816.jpeg
Cost out of pocket. $7.58 for the hinges. I can remove the whole apparatus by unbolting 4 nuts and lowering the brackets. I still have to slightly modify the tubing that positions the chute rotation and angle. Total work time, about 3 hours. I’ll report back in a few months on how effective it is.

·
Registered
752 Posts
That cab looks great, should help keeping most of the snow off you.
Did you see the PM I sent you earlier ?

·
Registered
87 Posts
That cab looks great, should help keeping most of the snow off you.
Did you see the PM I sent you earlier ?
I didn’t but I have now. Thanks again.

Man I look old and fat in those pictures. Must be the camera.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Cost out of pocket. $7.58 for the hinges. I can remove the whole apparatus by unbolting 4 nuts and lowering the brackets. I still have to slightly modify the tubing that positions the chute rotation and angle. Total work time, about 3 hours. I’ll report back in a few months on how effective it is.
Nice build! (y)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Is there a workshop manual for the 2 stage snowblower? I have the parts manual (thanks SwedishRider) and the diagram filled user manual but neither answer a couple of questions I have. Is there another manual to answer these?

1. What lube is in the Peerless H1000-026 right angle transmission under the snowblower’s drive pulley and how full should it be?
2. How tight should the chain drive to the auger shaft from that transmission be? I see how to adjust it and mine seems loose but how tight is tight enough?

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
22,976 Posts
Chain tension.

Reactions: RDinNHandAZ
3301 - 3311 of 3311 Posts