My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a freind I am tryng to help. He has a Poulan Pro 300ex Model number PB18542LT, product number 960420088 and when I search for parts, I see these numbers match a Husqvarna as well. We are trying to replace some steering components but all of the parts diagrams I can find do not match what is actually on this mower. Most notably is his model does not utilize a center drag link between the two spindals where as the parts diagrams show a drag link. Aditionally the pinion and "pie gear" (for lack of a better name). are completely different. His has two tie rods going from the outer edges of the "pie gear" to each spindal's control arm. None of the parts diagrams I have found look like this. The wrong parts diagram that I can find can be seen in the following link.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/par...rtsdirect.com/lis_png/PLDM/P0604097-00004.png

Thank you for any help you can provide.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Try looking up a 96042003402. That model appears to have the type of steering that you describe. It's a PB19542LT in case that's the model number you were looking for.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I had a dealer tell me that Husqvarna (YTD) makes poulan. The difference is in location of the manufacture facility. Poulan's parts and some asesmbly is performed in a third world, hence the reason Poulan's are cheaper. They also have reliability issues.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Absolutely amazing! You found it. All I can figure is my buddies tractor is mislabled or they put the wrong model number on it. I studied the parts diagrams and the PB19542LT matches what is on his mower.
:thanku:

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
I *think* the model number indicates HP and deck width. The PB19542lt would be a 19.5hp 42"deck, the PB18542 would be an 18.5HP with a 42" deck. Hmmmm.
[Frankenmower?? spare parts? spare model # stickers? early AM on a Monday - or Friday afternoon late...]

tom

·
Registered
359 Posts
I *think* the model number indicates HP and deck width. The PB19542lt would be a 19.5hp 42"deck, the PB18542 would be an 18.5HP with a 42" deck. Hmmmm.
[Frankenmower?? spare parts? spare model # stickers? early AM on a Monday - or Friday afternoon late...]

tom
You can also try http://www.partstree.com/

ONce you have your codes, this place is pretty much the cheapest I've been able to find.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts