My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Husqvarna bt350 back pack blower with about 20 hours run time new aug 2019

yesterday one of my better neighbors was helping with yard work by blowing out the dead grass in the lawn, using my bt350 when it started loosing power slowing down, the revs would go up and down, like it was running out of gas , suddenly it sounded like it had a bag of marbles in the blower housing, than like it was pinging from to much timing, even like the con rod bearing was failing slow down the rpm ,it would run like normal .
gas wise 50 to 1 mix of ethanol free 91 octane . husky syntec oil . fresh gas maybe 3 weeks old .

sad part is this is the second 350 that has done the same thing, is there something with the coils going bad,

the first was a few years old when it sounded and started running the same way so after a brand new carb didn't help . i replaced it and did a autopsy on it finding nothing .

any advise will be helpful to hit the dealer.service center with as this one is still under warranty

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
made contact with a ope tech from another web site, he thinks maybe the coil is shorting the timing map inside it,
mean while i popped the spark plug,
never in my mind would i have thought husky would stoop to using a TORCH brand plug ,lucky i had a take out ngk laying around to test, started right up but need to let it run at least a 1/2 hour to see if the noises return

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just had a neighbor use the blower for 2 hours running it hard not 1 hiccup or misfire.
another TORCH spark plug issue

1 - 3 of 3 Posts