My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2006 Husky with the Honda motor, it won't stay running unless I hold the choke lever on. This would indicate its running lean with a plugged up jet or leaking gasket etc. Carb is perfectly clean inside and gaskets look fine. Blew out all passages with carb cleaner and compressed air. Any suggestions or inherent problems with these. I think it's a 5.5 horse.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
A few things to check:

Does fuel flow easily from the tank to the carb?
Does it run better if you take the cap off?
Is the air cleaner box cracked or warped?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A few things to check:

Does fuel flow easily from the tank to the carb?
Does it run better if you take the cap off?
Is the air cleaner box cracked or warped?
Plenty of gas to the carb.
Haven't tried taking cap off. Vent in the cap get clogged?
Air cleaner box looks good.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Which Honda engine does it have?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
this carb is only 20$ -just replace it
Good point. I'm just hard headed thinking I can fix just about anything. I'll go out to eat with the family and spend $50 yet have a hard time letting loose of $20 for this. Where is the best place to buy these?

For the other question - the s/n has a CHVB in it. Not sure which carb, but it has no idle or mixture screw on it.

·
Premium Member
5,747 Posts
If there is an adapter between the carb. and the block, be sure it's installed correctly. If upside down, you could have a vacuum leak which a new carb. won't correct.

·
Lawn-Boy fan
1,566 Posts
Good point. I'm just hard headed thinking I can fix just about anything. I'll go out to eat with the family and spend $50 yet have a hard time letting loose of $20 for this. Where is the best place to buy these?

For the other question - the s/n has a CHVB in it. Not sure which carb, but it has no idle or mixture screw on it.
Any reputable small engine dealer. Just make sure you bring them (or call them with) all the numbers that are cast on the block. This will ensure you get the right carburetor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts