My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I recently purchased this tractor at Lowes and am looking to get a bagger and wanted to know it the craftsman baggers would work? I have seen all sorts of model numbers and rear wheel sizes and am not sure what I need.

Would craftsman model number 24894 work?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Is the Craftsman bagger cheaper or something? Lowes can get the bagger for you. Either they stock it or they can order it for you.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Husq, Craftsman and Poulan pro will fit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Craftsman are what you find online everywhere and much cheaper than in the store, like 60% less.

Commrad, will any work or specific models? Why do some say tire height differences?

·
Registered
348 Posts
tire height diff is because the "draw bar" is different on GT's v LT's. the GT's are at more of an angle and the back of the LT's are generally more perpendicular to the ground (straight up and down). The LT's generally have 2 little studs on the side of the frame under the seat and the bagger mount is a quick attach that sits on these two pins/ studs and uses the tow hole.

if you want me to i can take pictures of the back of my GT v LT if you need a visual to understand what I'm talking about.

just make sure you get the correct GT/LT style

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just ordered a Craftsman bagger 3 bin for my 46" for $314 and no shipping if I pick it up. Lowes was $400 with required $15 shipping. I'd say that's worth looking into.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I bought my bagger from the husqvarna dealer... $369 plus uncle sams share.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts