My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings
My Husqvarna GTH24V52LS has run well for the 6+ years I have had it. Recently, it has started to go real slow when moving forward. This is especially true when under load (PTO engaged with mower deck), and going uphill any amount. I have seen this reported elsewhere, but the answer has not fit my issue exactly. It still goes pretty swiftly in reverse--even under load.

I have replaced the drive belt. Strange thing about that is that the belt goes on either side of the steering wheel--not full on one side or the other like various diagrams will show. I had to remove the steering wheel to replace it... crazy. I do not see that as the case anywhere in the instructions or online anywhere. It did run slower before I changed the belt--and still does now.

I also cleaned off the steering plate of any debris.

I also replaced both spark plugs as I know it can be hard to tell when one is not functioning (had that before).

It appears that the trans oil fluid is not something that is meant to bother with as it is sealed. No dipstick or filler cap anywhere.

Any advice you can provide would be helpful (about the weird belt positioning also).

Thanks
BIll

·
That Guy
996 Posts
You could try changing the fluid, which entails dropping the transaxle, but there is no guarentee it will fix your problem. It sounds like your K46 is on its way out.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Greetings
My Husqvarna GTH24V52LS has run well for the 6+ years I have had it. Recently, it has started to go real slow when moving forward. This is especially true when under load (PTO engaged with mower deck), and going uphill any amount. I have seen this reported elsewhere, but the answer has not fit my issue exactly. It still goes pretty swiftly in reverse--even under load.

I have replaced the drive belt. Strange thing about that is that the belt goes on either side of the steering wheel--not full on one side or the other like various diagrams will show. I had to remove the steering wheel to replace it... crazy. I do not see that as the case anywhere in the instructions or online anywhere. It did run slower before I changed the belt--and still does now.

I also cleaned off the steering plate of any debris.

I also replaced both spark plugs as I know it can be hard to tell when one is not functioning (had that before).

It appears that the trans oil fluid is not something that is meant to bother with as it is sealed. No dipstick or filler cap anywhere.

Any advice you can provide would be helpful (about the weird belt positioning also).

Thanks
BIll
oefvet may have this.

I saw the GTH and thought you may have the same chassis and motor, so I thought a confirmation of what you have might help us help you.

If you have a tuff torq, the model and serial number will be on the back on one side. So from the back, look from underneath, and write down the numbers you see. I suspect you have a K66 or K62 if tuff torq. I was reminded of the hydro-gear g730 or at least a g7 series that was also installed in some of these.

The k46 oefvet mentioned, looks like this,

The k66 looks like this,

The hydro-gear g7 looks like this,

The second thing that caught my attention was your description of the drive belt installed. The belt should have tensioner pulleys between the motor shaft pulley and the steering plate. If that belt goes around the steering gear, one part on each side, then how is the slack or tension applied on your drive belt?

With out proper tension on the drive belt the belt can easily slip, and this can cause a strong reverse and weak forward, or the other way for a moment until the belt gets caught in something, or?

If you are missing the drive belt tensioner pulleys, this can be affordable replaced and it's a simple job. If you can change the oil, you can do this.

:tango_face_smile:

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts