My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I'm a lawn tractor novice and I have a dilemma. I need a new tractor, live on 2 acres that's mostly flat but has a broad, gradual slope (I think about a 20-25% grade) in the front of my house that requires some turns around a few obstacles while going uphill. I've been using an old Allis-Chalmers 42" that slips going up the slope quite a bit.
I'm looking at a Husqvarna YTH26V54 with a 54" cut that has good reviews except some people are saying it doesn't do as well on hills due to it's small rear tires, which are 20 x 8. I'm also looking at a John Deere D140, which has a smaller cut (48"), but wider rear tires at 20 x 10, and reviewers aren't mentioning any problems on hills. Both mowers are a little over $2000, which at the top level of my budget.

I would love to hear from anyone with experience with these two tractors that has any suggestions on which way I should go, or about any info about other comparable tractors that would be good for my lawn. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
:MTF_wel: Us JD nuts will try and steer you our direction. Have you considered something used or do you only want new? $2K will buy you a pretty nice used garden tractor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts