My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a husky GTH2654 mower, when i drop the deck to setting 5 and engage the pto all is fine. If i drop the deck one level lower(4) the motor starts to back fire and surge with the pto engaged and moving forward. If i raise up the deck to 5 and engage the pto and start mowing all is fine and the tractor runs great. any ideas what is causing this to happen. Confused in Connecticut. :thanku: for any input or help

·
Registered
194 Posts
I had that exact same issue onde...it all came down to the front mounting "bracket" at least in my case. make sure when the deck is being lowered iit is getting lwered to an even postioin and level. I had an issue with the front bracket not being attached properly to the deck itself which put the idler/pulley in too steep an angle to the belt (s) that sould place too much tension on the belt...almost to the point of stopping the blades. After re-attaching the deck and checking levelness and proper mounting...no more issues. Not sure if this is your scenario...but just trying to give you my experiecne. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts