My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm looking for 2 new blades for my ride on lawnmower . Its a Huskee Supreme SLT 4600.
It has a 42" cut so its two 21" mulching blades I'm looking for .
I can't source them here in Ireland so any advice on where to get them would be great !

Thanks
Dermot

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
:MTF_wel: and enjoy the forum. slkpk

·
Tech Nerd Tractor Convert
1,388 Posts
Try this Oregon site and pick Huskee in Manufacturer field and pick "blades" from the Product Type field. Looks like 3 matches, all around the 21" size. See if any of the OEM part numbers in yellow match with the part numbers (hopefully) stamped in your existing blades. See screenshot below.

Not sure if they ship internationally but I'm sure you can find some contact info on the site to ask. If they don't, you can take the Oregon part number (or your OEM number for that matter) and put into Google and you'll probably find a number of outfits that sell them.

My "Gator" mulching blades are made by Oregon and I've been happy with them.

Attachments

·
Registered
251 Posts
I just picked up some gator blades myself a coupla hours ago at the Ag Supply for my Sears for under $10/blade for my 42 inch mower.

Ron

·
Tech Nerd Tractor Convert
1,388 Posts
actually I founf the part no of the blades its 076 06
Hmm, I googled "076 06 huskee blade" and got nothing relevant. Are there other numbers stamped on the blade, perhaps on the other side? On my OEM blades (Cub Cadet, made by MTD just like Huskee is) there were several numbers on each, only one of which was the part number (not sure what the other numbers were for). My blade part number was in a 3-5 format, like 742-04053.

You should also be able to look up the part number by going to www.mtdproducts.com . Click on "Parts and Accessories". Then under "Shop for parts" click "find your part". Then click on "launch illustrated parts look-up tool". This opens another window. Click the "product line" tab and start drilling down in the folder tree at left, first on Huskee, then either Lawn Tractors or Garden Tractors (I don't know which yours is), then on the model year, then the model number. Unfortunately the model number is not something like "SLT 4600".. it's a string like 13AN673G131 (you can usually find this on an ID plate under the seat or on a rear fender). Once you pick a model number, on the right will be two folders. Expand the one for "Illustrated parts list", then click on something like "Deck Assembly". This will open yet another window with an exploded parts diagram. Find the blade in the picture and get it's reference number (like "23"), then look that up in the table below the picture to get the actual OEM part number for the blade.

There.. as easy as "1, 2, 3... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10... 33, 34, 35." Ok, MTD doesn't make it very easy, but you eventually get there...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts