My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could you tell me if huskee is built my mtd?
I have a 21 hp 46" deck 14 speed shift on the fly gt can't find any numbers on the machine or the engine. Any cue's as where to locate them. Thanks .
not sure if this matters but it's red with the metal hood.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I would check under the seat. On my Huskee the serial and other data is listed on a sticker under the seat. I bought mine this year and it's made by MTD. It should be listed there.

·
The voice of reason !
2,720 Posts
As far as I know most Huskee are made by MTD and sold thru Tractor Supply Co.

I think you can find the ID. plates under the seat and or on the seatback.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looked the tractor all over can't find anything. Same with engine. I need a manual so i can get this adjusted and running. I think the carb needs a good
cleaning but would like to have a kit on hand first. It could lso be the fuel shutoff on the carb i assume it works with key??? like juice going to it when i
want to start it right? Thanks Ken

·
The voice of reason !
2,720 Posts
Looked the tractor all over can't find anything. Same with engine. I need a manual so i can get this adjusted and running. I think the carb needs a good
cleaning but would like to have a kit on hand first. It could lso be the fuel shutoff on the carb i assume it works with key??? like juice going to it when i
want to start it right? Thanks Ken
You're right if the fuel solenoid is bad it can cause fuel starvation.

As far as the engine numbers I'm sure they are there, you can go to the Briggs site and it will give you an idea where to look.

I know its a PITA but you may find the under the cooling shroud or on the rocker cover ? Briggs has put them all over the place over the years so the Briggs site will help.

You never did say (unless I missed it) what kind it is twin, single etc. With it being a 21hp my guess would be twin ?

Pictures would help :wwp:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry you did'nt miss it i did'nt say. It is a twin ohv b&s. I'm not sure how to do pic's but i will try to get some tomorrow (tractors not here) and try to post
I just picked it up sat. eve i tried starting it no go spray carb cleaner in it fires right up i unhooked the fuel line from the fuel pump it's pumping as should be. i can make the tractor move if i spay carb cleaner in it (i hate doing that) tomorrow i'll unhook the wire to see if it's got juice to the valve.
Thanks Ken

·
The voice of reason !
2,720 Posts
Sorry you did'nt miss it i did'nt say. It is a twin ohv b&s. I'm not sure how to do pic's but i will try to get some tomorrow (tractors not here) and try to post
I just picked it up sat. eve i tried starting it no go spray carb cleaner in it fires right up i unhooked the fuel line from the fuel pump it's pumping as should be. i can make the tractor move if i spay carb cleaner in it (i hate doing that) tomorrow i'll unhook the wire to see if it's got juice to the valve.
Thanks Ken
Sounds like the carb just needs a darned good cleaning but its a good idea to check that fuel cut off solenoid.

Ok now that I know what it is the Briggs site will help ill see if I can post where the engine ID is.

Heres the Briggs site you should be able to get an owners, parts, manuals free here if not go to K&T Parts House they have most of them there.

http://www.briggsandstratton.com/maint_repair/repair_parts/

First you need to find the engine numbers so you can get parts and diagrams.

·
The voice of reason !
2,720 Posts
Sounds like the carb just needs a darned good cleaning but its a good idea to check that fuel cut off solenoid.

Ok now that I know what it is the Briggs site will help ill see if I can post where the engine ID is.

Heres the Briggs site you should be able to get an owners, parts, manuals free here if not go to K&T Parts House they have most of them there.

http://www.briggsandstratton.com/maint_repair/repair_parts/

First you need to find the engine numbers so you can get parts and diagrams.
Damned MTF ! grrrrrrrrr ok I'll post the pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Huskee question update

OK no luck with pics.
Engine 21 hp ohv b&b
0124e1
990811yg
so i'm guessing this to be a 99 unit?
any way to check the fuel valve? i do have power to it?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts