My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone. i'm a newb, and i'm here for research purposes. i love vintage anything so i skimmed a few threads here, and really developed an appreciation. i had no idea mowers were collected like they are. Well, i just received what i think to be a '67 LB model 3002 from my grandfather who ran his own mower repair business in central iowa for the last 35 years, plus. i stubbled across this forum in the midst of my research. I'd love some advice or info on where i should go with this little gem..

thanks!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,672 Posts

·
5,864 Posts
Hi Dr. Scroggins and welcome to the forum. I see you are from Iowa. I am over in Davenport. Where about in Iowa do you call home? That's a nice mower you included pictures of. I used to mow a big field behind our house with a mower just like that when I was a kid. You will find much information and friendly, helpful people here to guide you in your quest to take this mower to whatever level you wish. Glad to have you as a member!! Welcome!! Bill

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome fellow Iowan...Good to have you. How far from Ames are you?
Dr. Scroggins and welcome to the forum. I see you are from Iowa. I am over in Davenport. Where about in Iowa do you call home?
Thanks guys! i actually live with in the Ames city limits, on the north side. My grandfather ran Rays Mower Repair on the western Ames/Boone County Line. Just north of the old drive in theater..

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Welcome!! Ames is a great little town. I went to kansas state and it reminds me of that! I actually did a little bit of work for ISU for a project. Nice little town. Also the Hickory Park? BBQ is fantastic. Awesome chocolate malts, and I don't like icecream, but i like those malts.

Also I am from Kansas City, so we are surrounded by some of the worlds best BBQ. And that place in Ames is top notch in my book!

Nice mower there too, very cool! Welcome, you are in good hands here. A lot of Lawnboy nuts here.

·
5K Poster!!!
5,141 Posts
Ohhh yeah...Hickory Park is Da Bomb! Miss that place....:trink39: Although Battles was good too...just different type of bbq. I heard the old man died though....

·
Registered
613 Posts
Yeah, I'm with Indy. I lived in Ames for 6 years in the early 90's. I had an apartment across the parking lot from Battle's. Although Hickory Park was good too.

Welcome to the forum.

·
OMG I got another LawnBoy
1,178 Posts
Hello. Nice to meet you, nice mower...does it run?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Welcome! I would start by pulling the starter rope to be sure the engine still turns. then I'd pull the spark plug out, leave the wire hooked up, pull the starter rope again, and see if it has spark. After that, if you have a compression gauge, I'd screw that in the plug hole and check the compression. If all that checks out, I'd take the air filter out, take a little spray bottle with gas in it, and spray a little fuel in the carb to see if it'll run. It it'll run, you're in luck! Just clean it up and run it, unless you want to get real crazy and restore it. Buttercups are cool models of Lawn Boy, for sure!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts