My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rain let up, so I figured I better get out there and get some mowing done. The landscaping crew was doing the same thing at my neighbor's. I was out there tooling along with the L8, and the guy in charge of the crew was giving me the worst looks! I dunno if he just couldn't figure out what I was doing with that antique (it's probably older than he is) or whether he was ****** off because I'm depriving him of business or what.

Tough :)

·
Gravely Fan
881 Posts
The rain let up, so I figured I better get out there and get some mowing done. The landscaping crew was doing the same thing at my neighbor's. I was out there tooling along with the L8, and the guy in charge of the crew was giving me the worst looks! I dunno if he just couldn't figure out what I was doing with that antique (it's probably older than he is) or whether he was ****** off because I'm depriving him of business or what.

Tough :)
It's both. - Kris :trink40:

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
or he didn't have a clue what the L8 was. And the other 2

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
Reminds me of the looks that I get when using my C-8. It is a combination of looks of envy, :thSick: ticked off because they are usually working harder to accomplish less, :banghead3 also ticked because the machine is older than they are and they don't know what it is, :reallymad or they know what it is and are mad because they can't afford one or don't know how to fix one up. :mad:

If asked, I will glad tell someone about Gravely and how great they are, but if I just get the usual looks of pi$$ed off, occasionally, there will be a salute.

Oh, well, to each thier own. :thThumbsU

·
Registered
755 Posts
i always canvas for new customers by giving potential customers dirty looks!, what a dummy a friendly person draws way more customers in then a scowl. a lot of times a person isn't looking for a service, but with a little friendly coversation may buy the service anyway, or they know someone who may be looking for a service, i've made more customers by initiating conversations then i can remember. kindness and friendlyness are definatley draw cards.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Sounds like the neighbors when I bust out the Gravely's for the storms. I fire both of them right so I can blow the snow, then I use the blade to give a final scrape. People do nothing but gawk and ask questions!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts