My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gents,

Well I've been using these forums with great success to get my girl going.
So far I've had to replace the starter motor and PTO clutch. Photo of PTO before and after below (yeah it was rooted).

So my issues came about after replacing the PTO on the weekend.
I managed to get it all back together (except for twisting off the thermoswitch wire - it's not going to be a big deal is it?)
I managed to get the engine turning over but the fuel in the lines and carb was old... I mean real old, so I sprayed some carby cleaner down the guts which has worked in the past.
When I tried to turn it over again, the fuel pump relay started making a fizzing sound, not its usual clunk of the switch.

So my questions are:
1) are the Relays for the HT3813 available in some generic from? a 4 pin 12v 30a relay or something?
2) is the thermoswitch something that is easy to fix or replaceable?

I'm located in Australia so parts for me are coming from the states and take a while to get here.

So if any of the Aussie boys know anywhere locally that can help me out or if anyone knows what I can salvage off other machines that'd be great!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
re the relay - can't answer your question but can suggestion another route

what a lot of us have done is to buy a complete set of relays off ebay - i got mine with a complete wiring harness for $25 - when i got em, i checked them by simply replacing the ones on my tractor one at a time to make sure these worked and put them up, in case i need em - a few days back there was a complete set of relays on ebay for approx the same price, shipped but obviously shipped here in the US

as far as the carb, if you can get it running, and have SeaFoam down here, that's what i'd run thru it to clean the carb. if not, there's a video on honda europe's website showing how they suggest cleaning the carb - kind of an informative video - unfortunately i can't give you a direct link - it won't copy and paste, but if you go to http://www.honda-engines-eu.com/en/welcome.html then > Service > Service movies you'll see the one on carb cleaning

as far as the temp sender lead (on the radiator bottom) as far as i know, all you've done is kill the ability for it to sound the alarm if the radiator gets clogged and water temps exceed the limit

a few threads down i posted a link to the schematic for the 3813 - that might help you some -

hope that helps some

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
as far as the carb, if you can get it running, and have SeaFoam down here, that's what i'd run thru it to clean the carb. if not, there's a video on honda europe's website showing how they suggest cleaning the carb - kind of an informative video - unfortunately i can't give you a direct link - it won't copy and paste, but if you go to http://www.honda-engines-eu.com/en/welcome.html then > Service > Service movies you'll see the one on carb cleaning
Thanks for that, generally when I'm cleaning a carby I just use fresh petrol and change it regularly. I use generic carby cleaner at the end just to dry everything out and tidy the last few bits up. Gloves are a good ides though.

as far as the temp sender lead (on the radiator bottom) as far as i know, all you've done is kill the ability for it to sound the alarm if the radiator gets clogged and water temps exceed the limit
Thanks, that's what I thought as it was turning over ok to begin with.
Might take it out again and see if I can pull some of the epoxy back to get at the wires. Even if I make it worse, it will still act as a plug.

As for the wiring diagram, if I've read it correctly, the relay is a 12v Normally Closed 4 pin relay, no idea on what amperage I need though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After some fiddling last night, it looks like it is actually my starter motor relay. The solenoid on the the the starter motor seems to be fine, as are the fuses.

Cleaned the carby and flushed the lines with the fuel pump (after charging the battery).

Ran out of time to continue checking the rest last night, so that is the plan for the weekend.
I'm going to swap the fuel and starter relay (seeing as they are the same part) and then see what happens, then take the offending relay somewhere where hopefully they can match it for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts