My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a reasonable price for an HT23 w/ deck with original paint and good running condition?????. Seems like the prices vary somewhat. Any leads on one that might be for sale. Also, did any one find the tractors that were on American Pickers. That was pretty cool. Right under their noses and didn't even notice

·
Deceased October 2017
21,767 Posts
You're going to get all kinds of estimates here. So figure somewhere in the middle :fing32:

My estimate is $1200 - $2000 for a decent one that has not been hacked up.

I paid $900 for one of mine .. which was not in real good shape, nor did it or does it look good now. Gets the job done well however :fing32:

My 2nd HT-23 was bought as a non runner for less then 500 .. bought it 9 months ago and its still sitting in the enclosed trailer that I picked it up with. :lalala:

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Here is one a quick search on CL turned up. http://roanoke.craigslist.org/grd/1876958389.html You could try running a want to buy ad, that is how I get most of my stuff. Theres lots of people out there that don't want to post an ad but want to sell their tractor.

Jason

·
Deceased October 2017
21,767 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive looked at the one in Roanoke. Has a pretty bad leak in the rear but seems to be ok. I would think it was worth $1,100. He will not budge much.

·
Eleven Year Site Sponsor
2,821 Posts
When you say leak in the rear, is it a worn spot on the underside of the axle housing from the improper installation of the tiller driveshaft, or is it a bad seal somewhere? If it is only a seal or two, he's asking a reasonable price, IMO.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is probably more of a seal issue. The engine was a little weak when under load also. I guess it really depends upon what someone wants and what they want to spend.

·
Registered
704 Posts
When you say leak in the rear, is it a worn spot on the underside of the axle housing from the improper installation of the tiller driveshaft, or is it a bad seal somewhere? If it is only a seal or two, he's asking a reasonable price, IMO.
Yeah, personal experience, make sure to look this over (improper tiller install). Just got mine welded up. I will be ready for re-assembly tonight. I really want to find the right side axle housing but will settle with a weld job for now.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I paid $2500 for my HT23 back in '01. It came with a 48" mower, 42" snowblower, snow cab, tire chains, and a cheap TSC disc harrow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts