My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I use regular hydraulic oil in my HT20,or should I use a spacific auto. trans. fluid?
Thanks,Bill

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Mercon or Dextron ATF the red stuff.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks John. I said some stuff that I shouldn't have,and I'm sorry for that. Theres too many good people on this site to let go that easily.:trink39:

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Welcome back to the fold. Great people here.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Freebird. This may not be the proper thread,but my stable has changed,I'll update. Most of you know that I was in the process of building a FEL for my CC105,well that didn't get too far off the ground after I swapped a 212 JD with a bad engine for a 1053 Bolens.Shortly after I bought(stole) a 1050,1053,two mower decks,snow plow and snow blower.I was bitten by the Bolens bug. I sold my WH 161 and the better of the two 1053's and got a heck of a deal on an HT20 with a 54" deck and 48"blower and a four wheeled WH wagon to boot. So now the HT20 (hopefully) will get the FEL,then I can retire the cub for an articulator project.:praying:

·
5,523 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ditto, Dextron ATF works the best for them.

Welcome back to.
Thanks,thats what I used. I've heard of motor oil in the same pump,hydro. trans. fluid..... I figured I'de stay with what was already installed.

·
Registered
299 Posts
i use hydro fluid on all. International harvestor specialized in hydro's for the greater part of the 70 and they used hytran...should work well on bolens

·
Retired MTF Founder & Administrator
15,755 Posts
Most of you know that I was in the process of building a FEL for my CC105,well that didn't get too far off the ground after I swapped a 212 JD with a bad engine for a 1053 Bolens.Shortly after I bought(stole) a 1050,1053,two mower decks,snow plow and snow blower.I was bitten by the Bolens bug. I sold my WH 161 and the better of the two 1053's and got a heck of a deal on an HT20 with a 54" deck and 48"blower and a four wheeled WH wagon to boot. So now the HT20 (hopefully) will get the FEL,then I can retire the cub for an articulator project.:praying:
Sounds like you sure have been keepin busy! :trink39:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts