My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did they ever offer an electric PTO on these tractors? How do you adjust the manual one on these as well? mine slowly engages..so I have to hold the lever down. I'm sure it is a simple adjustment, I just hadn't gotten that far since I am still in the paint phase of my restoration.

How did the cruise control work on the HT's? I just about bid on a unit for a later model bolens.. but decided I had to many other projects to mess with.I haven't seen any pictures of one installed either.

Thanks,
Nick

·
Eleven Year Site Sponsor
2,821 Posts
To the best of my knowledge, the HT series never had an electric PTO.

The earlier HT's had a "hand control" that could be added to the tractor on the left side of the dash tower. It was connected to the right-hand travel pedal via the cross shaft. I don't know how cruise was arranged on the later HT's.

Doug

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I almost bought one of the hand controls off of ebay. I noticed some HT23's online with a switch on the dash that said cruise. I was told they use some type of magnet system which is interesting and I would like to see pictures if anyone has them.

Nick

·
Deceased October 2017
21,767 Posts
No electric PTOs on large frames .. ever as far as I know .. with the heavy duty shaft driven attachments .. there would be no reason to have one that I can think of

1 - 4 of 4 Posts