My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if any of the large frame bolens had diff lock of positive rearend traction. Just curious. Thanks

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
There is no diff lock on any of the large frames.

Jason

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I believe someone mentioned that the HT20's automatically locked? I do not know this for sure. I do know that my HT23 acts as if it has a posi.. but not 100% of the time. I have noticed that it usually does in low range though.

I'm sure others on here can give you a better answer.

Nick

·
5,525 Posts
The HT20 will spin posi.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Wilberj, any idea why the HT20 will, and the 1886 will not? or why my HT23 does most of the time, but not all of the time? I've always wondered. What I can say is that it's a million times better than the Cub 2072 super garden tractor that I had. That tractor had an alluminum rear end and got stuck everywhere.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Wilberj, any idea why the HT20 will, and the 1886 will not? or why my HT23 does most of the time, but not all of the time? I've always wondered. What I can say is that it's a million times better than the Cub 2072 super garden tractor that I had. That tractor had an alloy rear end and got stuck everywhere.

·
Bolens 1886-01
3,192 Posts
Wilberj, any idea why the HT20 will, and the 1886 will not? or why my HT23 does most of the time, but not all of the time? I've always wondered. What I can say is that it's a million times better than the Cub 2072 super garden tractor that I had. That tractor had an alloy rear end and got stuck everywhere.
HT20 uses Sunstrand and a different bull gear setup than does the 1886 with it's Eaton 12. Perhaps that is where the difference lies.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts