My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Bolens People,

I have a HT-18 with a cracked and leaking transaxle. The local scrap yard has a GT-2000. I would be happy if the whole transaxle fit, but it doesn't seem that way. However, it looks to me that the center housing would fit my HT-18. I downloaded the Large frame manual from Sonny's, but there is no parts manual for the GT-2000. I'm also hoping to gain the Hi/Lo range that mine doesn't have (HT-23 has it).

Can anyone here confirm that the center housings are interchangeable?

Actually, after taking a good look at the GT-2000, I'm really impressed with it's construction. It looks well engineered and heavy duty, and it's probably in better shape than my HT, but I'm committed to the HT.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Those transmissions are set up to spin in the opposite direction of each other, and are about 20 years different in age. Would be very surprised if anything was the same. Will be great if it works out. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those transmissions are set up to spin in the opposite direction
So the new ones drive the transmission off the fan end of engine? I thought it was the same way around.
I don't think that would change the trans-axle anyhow. Hydrostats can be bought with CW or CCW input, the output is the same; and even that depends of the linkage (you can get left and right hand pintle control.

·
Registered
466 Posts
The engines were reversed when they switched from manual pto's to electric. Flywheel housing is too flexible, so pto clutch is mounted straight to block on other side of engine. Paul

·
Registered
132 Posts
Heloo, The Bolens QS &QT series tractors have the same rear axle as the HT 20, some were eaton pumps, and some were sunstrand pumps

Thanks Ken in Mi

·
Registered
466 Posts
Heloo, The Bolens QS &QT series tractors have the same rear axle as the HT 20, some were eaton pumps, and some were sunstrand pumps

Thanks Ken in Mi
Hi Ken. Not sure what you mean when you say they used the same rear axle. I have a few of those models, and my Q series tractors have a narrower rear end than my HT's. What I do know, is that the QT16 and HT20 both used a Sundstrand 15 hydrostat. The QT17 and HT23 used an Eaton 1100. Paul

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hello, I have had a QS16 & an HT20 I was not aware of the different width of the axle . I was refering to the Bull gear mechanism assembly that the axles share.
sorry for any confusion

Thanks Ken in Mi

·
Premium Member
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is a GT. I was looking at the center only; the diff is. These axles are shorter and don’t have 3pt lower link connection, but the diff looks the same. .
8267D1EE-4765-4F66-AA17-E1B80AAA21AE.jpeg

·
Registered
466 Posts
Found both HT18 and GT2000 parts books over at GTT. HT18 center housing is part number 1724 102 and GT2000 is 1747086021. You can find both books in their Bolens manual section.

·
Premium Member
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks. Sonny's referred back to MTF and this site's Bolens manuals aren't working. Bolens seem to have changed all their part numbers at some time between HT18 and GT2000. I don't know if parts are physically different or new parts management system. Also, the GT2000 has HiLo shift like the HT23.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Sonny's has been out of business for several years. Somebody else bought the domain name and I have been hesitant to go there since. The GT2000 Duratrac was Bolens designed and built, but by the time it came out the company had been purchased by Troybilt (Gardenway). Could very well be the same part with a different number. It is a bit nasty outside, so I don't want to go look, but according to my parts book the Hi/Lo shifter on the HT23 comes up through the left hand case-- rather than the middle section. The final part number for the center housing on the HT23s (Dec. 1986) is 1726046.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts