My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
JD Green all the way~!
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started out with my Harbor Freight Quick Hitch I bought on sale.

Bought the red draw bar from my neighbor for like $14.00

The 2" ball came with a GMC Sonoma I bought.

Worked great, but the draw bar spins when I hitch it up to the trailers I have to move around.

Hows this?

Thought I would try it out before taking everything apart to paint it with implement paint, or powder coat it JD Green. Works freaking awesome.

Not counting the quick hitch, I only have around $50.00 invested in the set up so far. So far, not so bad I don't think. :fing32:

~F~

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Nice setup. slkpk

·
Registered
232 Posts
Very nice, simple idea. Good job!! :thThumbsU:thThumbsU

·
Collector of many tractors
15,274 Posts
Looks great... I lost a trailer load of Christmas trees with a set up like your first picture... The draw bar twisted the ball right out of the hitch... I was lucky I was going down hill and the trailer just pushed into the back of the tractor...

·
Registered
668 Posts
Nice job.

What's the receiver on the trailer for?

·
JD Green all the way~!
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
very nice. what tractor is that on?
Thanks! Its on my John Deere 650.

Nice job.

What's the receiver on the trailer for?
Thanks!

The other receiver on the car trailer is my dads set up where he has a removable electric winch he can install easily, and pull vehicles on the trailer that are dead or wrecked. Sure beats using the come-a-long all the time.

I am thinking I am going to weld me on a lift hook on the vertical tube up near the top. That might come in handy later down the road for yanking posts out of the ground or something with chain. Kinda the same idea that some do with their FEL buckets, welding hooks on the top for hooking chain to for pulling and lifting things. I am also debating if I should add in some more material, and close off the top of the vertical tube so its not open. I can see myself dropping something down there like a pin or clip. Also that might help add some more reinforcement to the tube for when I use the hook I want to add.

~F~

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Sounds like you're heading toward what I came up with a couple years ago...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts