My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is "Sam" and I am the proud owner of over the years more than 9 Machines. I have owned two Yardman Lawn Tractors. One from 96 another from 98, One had a 20hp Kohler flat twin with an automatic transmission. while the other had a 20hp V2 briggs with a 12 18 speed Hi low range transmission. After that came a 2001 Craftsman LT1000 which is now in pieces in my garage. I then bought a 2003 Cub Cadet Lt1042 which was a terribly unreliable machine which I would never recommend to anybody. I then bought a Craftsmen II GT6000 with an 18hp Briggs and Stratton and 44 inch mower deck. It now has all that and more. New rear Ag tires, Manual sleeve hitch, Plow and Cultivator. After that I bought my dream machine, A 1983 John Deere 420. Its currently in need of an engine and a deck. I have a 400 deck which im going to retrofit onto it, should be fun. With the 400 deck came a 1978 John Deere 400, which is currently on block in my backyard waiting to be parted out. As you can see little mowing machines are my passion and I can't wait to learn more using MTF.

·
Super Moderator
27,489 Posts
Sam, welcome to MTF! Sounds like you've followed a very twisty road of machines through the years. You will find a lot of info and great members on here to help you with your machines. You may want to put the 400 on the "For Sale and Wanted to Buy" sub-forum. You will find the Shopping Mall here, and the other sub-forum is there you just need to select it then post a New Thread. In the Title please remember to include the state so folks have an idea where it is.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello and welcome from another New Yorker.....where in NY are you?
Sorry for the slow reply, been busy, I live in the Binghamton Area. You?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sam, welcome to MTF! Sounds like you've followed a very twisty road of machines through the years. You will find a lot of info and great members on here to help you with your machines. You may want to put the 400 on the "For Sale and Wanted to Buy" sub-forum. You will find the Shopping Mall here, and the other sub-forum is there you just need to select it then post a New Thread. In the Title please remember to include the state so folks have an idea where it is.
I may very well do that. I don't know exactly what im going to end up listing but I think it would be good to venture into a new way of selling my equipment. And yes my road has been very winding, really enjoying the bigger GT's I've had. Can't wait to see what the future holds for my GT adventures!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You are in the frigid zone....I am on Long Island.....good luck with the machines

Thank you sir. I wish you luck with your wife ;)

·
Registered
715 Posts
welcome from the I88 corridor. Near Cobleskill

·
I'll never get to 10,000
4,947 Posts
Sam, Welcome to MTF from another Nyer!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts