My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 200CX on the 2320 with a 49 inch bucket. I use this to lift and move gravel, sand, dirt, tree trunks, and snow. I am under the impression that I should be able to lift a full bucket of any of these without causing damage to either the FEL or the tractor or am I wrong. If the load is too heavy, won’t it stall out or will this damage something?

·
Great Site Good People
6,659 Posts
JSmith, the 2320 will lift that bucket full, even overfull. These tractors actually lift more than the manual suggest, If by chance the weight is too heavy it simply will not lift it. That has been my experience with the 2320's smaller brother, the 2305.

·
Banned
12,901 Posts
With my 2210 it will lift the back of the tractor way before stalling out. With ballast on it just wont lift if the load is too much.. you wont damage the loader trying to lift to much. With saying that don't ram things with your loader as that can damage the arms..

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's good to know, thanks. I've been moving some wet sand and filling the bucket all the way up to cut down on the number of trips. I've been worried that I could overload something and blow out an o-ring. I sure like hydraulics!:trink39:

·
3K & Yet So Little to Say
3,341 Posts
How tough is a 2320? Super Tough!!! Don't be afraid to work that 2320, that is what it was made to do. Just be sure you use common sense, like proper ballast, ROPS up and seat belt on and you should be fine.:greendr:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Indeed! Keep your ROPS up and locked and seat belt too - most importantly - BALLAST!

If you dont have rear ballast you can really hurt yourself and the tractor in a hurry. Especially if you are going up and down hills.

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
I'd load the tires and have a ballast box.

·
Great Site Good People
6,659 Posts
JSmith, thanks for posting pics! Very nice! The 2320 has my vote for being tough.:D

·
Registered
171 Posts
yes they are tough. the one thing i would add is that if you are trying to pry something out of the ground or lift something that is too heavy don't use one corner of the bucket. heard stories that it may tweak the FEL, though it is tough to do. be safe, work hard, have fun, this is what these machines are made for (especially the fun part) :trink40:

·
3,341 Posts
For prying, digging or a little more of a "lip" on the bucket, a toothbar is a great addition! Hooks are very useful too. Both come in handy for me when I empty/move the ash barrel from our woodstove. I chain it with the hooks and the toothbar extends the area it sits on, making transport a snap.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's good advice. I won't lift from the corners. Is there a good place to get a toothbar for the bucket and how do they attach?

·
Registered
542 Posts
That's good advice. I won't lift from the corners. Is there a good place to get a toothbar for the bucket and how do they attach?
J---I have the same 49" bucket & just put a Markam toothbar on it. Price was $218.00 plus shipping (to me in WI it was $41.35). very well made. Heavy gauge and comes with side plates to be welded on. I'm very impressed. The gal at Markam was great to deal with and the teeth can be replaced if you get a little carried away. I'm using mine this weekend to move a bunch of dirt, clear a tree/brush line & move road rock around on the drive. Plus it does work great for lifting all kinds of stuff especially if you have bucket hooks. I will put some pics on soon of mine.
www.markamweldind.com

·
3,341 Posts
Call Markham Welding. Do a search on here and you will find glowing reviews of them. They attach simply by drilling two holes through the side wall of the bucket. There is a channel which fits over the lip of the bucket. A bolt, some washers and nuts through the holes and you're done. Easy. :fing32:

·
Registered
542 Posts
J---I have the same 49" bucket & just put a Markam toothbar on it. Price was $218.00 plus shipping (to me in WI it was $41.35). very well made. Heavy gauge and comes with side plates to be welded on. I'm very impressed. The gal at Markam was great to deal with and the teeth can be replaced if you get a little carried away. I'm using mine this weekend to move a bunch of dirt, clear a tree/brush line & move road rock around on the drive. Plus it does work great for lifting all kinds of stuff especially if you have bucket hooks. I will put some pics on soon of mine.
www.markamweldind.com
And here it is :trink39:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the pictures. That bar looks nice and should really dig in. Appreciate all the good advise.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Can you dig big rocks out of the ground with the tooth bar I would like to see what they can do lets see some pictures of it in action. I was digging some big rocks out today I've got more rocks to dig out.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts