My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Real hard to keep it straight with the play in the wheels as they float around some. Nothing looks real bad but a combination of all the parts maybe
Is there a best place for me to start? And where is the best place to get new parts?

·
16,631 Posts
Are you talking about 'play' in the steering wheel--or the front wheels on the ground?

glenn

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would say more like the wheels.They don't feel that bad parked but driving they seem to move a lot with the steering wheel held steady

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Check the bolt that runs through the steering drag arm. It's always loose. Known issue.
Yes, that and ball joint on the steering ram. If that is worn you will have "wobbly" steering.

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
I also notice considerable play in the steering from a loose front axle from time to time. I adjust mine every month/25 hours.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
My 3204 seem to drift a lot going dead straight ahead, after tightening all that I could, I had a thought.........I adjusted the Toe-In to be a little more than recommended (1/2" In).....and the difference was like night and day...much more easier to go in a straight line, even at higher speeds.............on gravel I noticed no scuffing/pushin when turning, and I would think any tire wear would not be evident for a looong time.........
Hurry Spring

1 - 8 of 8 Posts