My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Lawn-Boy fan
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, I'm sure there is a post out there somewhere about this, but how can I tell if my Lawn-Boy requires 16:1? I have two "suitcase" tank Lawn-Boys with D engines and I don't want to mess them up by using 32:1.

I read before that someone said that the 16:1 (I think) only had 2 piston rings, but someone else said that isn't always the case. I don't want to crack the engines open to check either. :Stop:

·
5K Poster!!!!
5,131 Posts
16 to 1 engines have 3 rings. If you have a D-600 then it will be 32 to 1, I do believe all the suitcase tank/shroud Lawnboys are D-600's.

·
5K Poster!!!
5,142 Posts
Depends on what you are calling a "suitcase" shroud? The bricktops had either 16:1 or 32:1 The big square plastic shrouds on D-600 all used 32:1 so please specify by model#..

·
Lawn-Boy fan
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I'm at work now so I don't have the model #'s, but maybe a picture will work to show my model.

I used someone else's pictures, but they look just like these. One is white, the other one is green. Only difference is mine are both 21" and self-propelled.

·
2 stroke enthusiast
6,568 Posts
All engines from 1972 on were 32:1. Those appear to be 75'-76' model years with D-600's, so as mentioned, 32:1.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts