My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We want to help you know what to do if you experience a blackout on your farm or in any other rural area.

Have you ever experienced a blackout on your farm or in any other rural area?

Maybe you've experienced it. Pitch black outside. Food going bad in the fridge. Animals suffering from cold temperatures. No way to cook.

If you have --- you know the importance of letting us help you be as prepared as possible.

Learn More

If you need any further help or have any questions about your tractor engine head gasket, tractors, or anything else, please contact your dealer, local mechanic, or call us at 602-734-9944. Please ask about our current new and used tractor supply.

Tractor Ranch - #1 Tractor Dealer in Arizona. We sell and service most major brands of tractors including Yanmar, Kubota, John Deere, TYM, Mahindra, Kioti, Case, New Holland, Massey Ferguson, Ford, Deutz, Case IH, Farmall, International Harvester, Branson Tractors, LS, Shibura, Claas Tractor, McCormick Tractors, Valtra, Solis, YTO, Montana, and Nortrac.

·
Premium Member
3,530 Posts
You know, I really don't think you get too many hurricanes in Arizona unlike what we get here in Florida.

Hurricanes are major weather events with very high sustained winds (74 mph and greater) with rain/water that can last for many hours, even days. As such, the fragile solar panels are usually completely destroyed within the first minutes that leaves them useless for powering anything later when needed most. Solar is a great idea on paper, but fails in practical use. With solar, you also need batteries for storage of the energy. If the batteries are placed in a storage shed that is destroyed by the high winds and flying debris or is flooded by the high levels of water, those batteries do not work.

Having a generator is almost a requisite in hurricane prone areas. But they need to be sized to what your needs are. Fuel sources for generators is determined what is available in your area. Without power in an area from a hurricane, that means that gas stations cannot dispense fuel and you have to rely on what you have in storage. Where I live in Florida, there are no natural gas lines in the ground and everything is bottled propane.

Reactions: Brad
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You know, I really don't think you get too many hurricanes in Arizona unlike what we get here in Florida.

Hurricanes are major weather events with very high sustained winds (74 mph and greater) with rain/water that can last for many hours, even days. As such, the fragile solar panels are usually completely destroyed within the first minutes that leaves them useless for powering anything later when needed most. Solar is a great idea on paper, but fails in practical use. With solar, you also need batteries for storage of the energy. If the batteries are placed in a storage shed that is destroyed by the high winds and flying debris or is flooded by the high levels of water, those batteries do not work.

Having a generator is almost a requisite in hurricane prone areas. But they need to be sized to what your needs are. Fuel sources for generators is determined what is available in your area. Without power in an area from a hurricane, that means that gas stations cannot dispense fuel and you have to rely on what you have in storage. Where I live in Florida, there are no natural gas lines in the ground and everything is bottled propane.
Great feedback thank you! This is why we post information ---- allows us all to share our knowledge. Thank you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts