My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We want to teach you how to secure your farmhouse from burglars, thieves, and other criminals.

Let's face it --- crimes are committed all over. This includes remote and farm areas.

We want to share security strategies that can help you secure your home and family.

Learn More

If you need any further help or have any questions about
home security, tractors or anything else, please contact your dealer, local mechanic, or call us at 602-734-9944. Please ask about our current new and used tractor supply.

Team Tractor and Equipment - #1 Tractor Dealer in Arizona. We sell and service most major brands of tractors including Yanmar, Kubota, John Deere, TYM, Mahindra, Kioti, Case, New Holland, Massey Ferguson, Ford, Deutz, Case IH, Farmall, International Harvester, Branson Tractors, LS, Shibura, Claas Tractor, McCormick Tractors, Valtra, Solis, YTO, Montana, and Nortrac.

·
Premium Member
3,067 Posts
I'm sorry, but most of the suggestions in the linked article are almost completely worthless. It does have a couple good ideas for suburban settings with a much higher population density around it than a secluded farmhouse and/or remote settings.

380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sorry, but most of the suggestions in the linked article are almost completely worthless. It does have a couple good ideas for suburban settings with a much higher population density around it than a secluded farmhouse and/or remote settings.
Please share thanks!

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Get a herd of geese. They will protect their goslings(?) and the property where they live. They are also LOUD alarmclocks or warning noise makers when a prowler(people or other) come within their perceived protection area. The one drawback is they are not potty trained and leave calling cards everywhere...
You may need to provide a pond for their convenience. But if you feed them they'll hang out.
tom

380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Get a herd of geese. They will protect their goslings(?) and the property where they live. They are also LOUD alarmclocks or warning noise makers when a prowler(people or other) come within their perceived protection area. The one drawback is they are not potty trained and leave calling cards everywhere...
You may need to provide a pond for their convenience. But if you feed them they'll hang out.
tom
Ok... wow ... that is a great idea! Please share more. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
tom
Truth. I still remember being chased by my mom's geese. Hissing and running at me. I HATE geese.

·
Banned
355 Posts
Go to a bike wreckers and grab a couple of smashed harleys
Toss a lot of empty beer cans around the yard
No one will look at your house, let alone come in.
Geese work a treat
You use a whistle to call them and then feed them so they will get used to the training
The locked up in the geese run during the day & let loose all night & when you are not there.
Remote cameras work really well after the fact but they have to be hidden.
Bars & cameras say lots of goodies inside please break in & help yourself.

380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Go to a bike wreckers and grab a couple of smashed harleys
Toss a lot of empty beer cans around the yard
No one will look at your house, let alone come in.
Geese work a treat
You use a whistle to call them and then feed them so they will get used to the training
The locked up in the geese run during the day & let loose all night & when you are not there.
Remote cameras work really well after the fact but they have to be hidden.
Bars & cameras say lots of goodies inside please break in & help yourself.
Thanks for the feedback.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts