My Tractor Forum banner

What type of engine is best?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there who knows how to make a plow or atleast where to get one.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
what type of tractor? snow plow?

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
What brand? Model? Garden plow or snowplow? Pictures or the tractor in quiestion will help.

·
Jack of All Trades
1,337 Posts
:ditto: on the above questions. Plus do you need a 3 point or a sleeve hitch type. I only use 3 point because of the angle adjustment capabilities of the top link. I also build (AKA throw together) most of my plows out of scrap steel, old small water tanks, bumper brackets, concrete form stakes, and just about any thing else weldable. They ain't pretty but they work. I have a couple threads on here somewhere showing a little of my quick throw together. As far as building one, your imagination and abilities are your only limit. Ebay and Northern Tool are a couple of starting places, as well as members here with attachments for sale.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya sorry guys i meant snow plow and it for a MTD Yardman lt 1238

·
Run ahead of the pack
9,968 Posts
If you do a search for homemade snowplow or snow blade, you'll have a lot of info and idea that member come up with.

For example me I built 2 rear blades with a Hot water tank and some steel angle (link in my signature). :)

·
Premium Member
3,839 Posts
This thread, like the other, confuses me as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:thanku:

·
Registered
610 Posts
Anyone out there who knows how to make a plow or atleast where to get one.
There was one on usedpei a little while back. It was of a John Deere hardly used. I think he was asking 50 bucks. I know who had it if you want to PM me I will tell you who he is and how to get a hold of him. He is in the Summerside area.

·
Registered
519 Posts
There was one on usedpei a little while back. It was of a John Deere hardly used. I think he was asking 50 bucks. I know who had it if you want to PM me I will tell you who he is and how to get a hold of him. He is in the Summerside area.
There are a couple of guys on this board that have made plows out of hot water tanks and old compressor tanks. If you do a search you can probably find the threads.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts