My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the dumb question, but memory is fading on my tutorial from my JD dealer on how to install my deck. I took my buford bucket off today and could not figure out how to install my deck. My main challenge is lowering those brackets under the chassis. The hydraulic levers did nothing to lower them. I did a search and could find nothing using google or youtube. The JD manual was pretty much useless.

Suggestions?

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
Until they get good and broke in you have to pull them down by hand after lowering with the lever. Lot of guys have that trouble with the x7's while still new. :fing32:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Which lever lowers it and what direction - push up or pull down?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Thanks. Which lever lowers it and what direction - push up or pull down?
Push the top lever, then go underneath and pull the lift arms down

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
6,211 Posts
Make sure you don't have the deck height dial screwed all the way up. Some times people do that when the deck is removed to keep the arms from accidentally going down during ground or snow engaging work. Then, I've had to actually use a lever, like a 2 foot piece of a shovel handle to force my lift arms down after a Winter of being raised.

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,552 Posts
Top lever for sure. Ask me how I know!

·
Registered
558 Posts
I just put a big flat bar between the lift arms and the frame and give them a little encouragement. They drop right down then.

·
Proud JD Owner
1,742 Posts
Push the top hyd. lever forward, then stick your foot in the clevis of one of the draft arms and push down. That usually will get them to break loose and drop for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts