My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

Trying hard to locate the engine HP for my LI as I have been told that it is not the year that matters, but more of the model and engine that dictates required replacement parts. If that is true, how can I determine what the engine is? My aluminum plate on the tank is as follows:

MODEL: LI
S#: SR9036
MANUFACTURING: D-17554

Seems this is either a 1943 with 5hp engine or 1960 with 6.6 hp ??? based on days of searching the web and looking at several different serial number lists, but I am not sure.

She has a Zenith Carb
Large Champion W14 spark plug, slanted on top of engine
Oil bath
Foot button way too close to the chain, for starting her up.

Few picks of her.

Any help on trying to identify more on her would be greatly appreciated! IMG_7518.JPG IMG_7520.JPG IMG_7516.JPG IMG_7513.JPG IMG_7506.JPG IMG_7505.JPG IMG_7496.JPG IMG_7498.JPG Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 12.03.13 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 12.03.26 PM.png

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
Per the other thread, SR9036 makes it a 1960. That would have been equipped with a 6.6 hp engine. The cooling shrouds are consistent with that, those didn't get installed until they bumped the hp.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Per the other thread, SR9036 makes it a 1960. That would have been equipped with a 6.6 hp engine. The cooling shrouds are consistent with that, those didn't get installed until they bumped the hp.
That is awesome - Thank you!!
Now I can search for and hopefully find parts.

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
One little secret: many of the parts are interchangeable through the whole L production series. So for a lot of stuff, it doesn't matter what year it is.

BTW welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
2,713 Posts
The whole foot switch concept was fairly stupid. Not only was it dangerous, but the vast majority of people put downward pressure on the switch and over time the internals break. The aftermarket replacements nowadays are overseas junk. I had one arrive here with an internal short right out of the box.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts