My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have a 5 foot International World Agritech Corp bush hog and the seal leaks. Does anyone have instructions for changing it? Also, there are 2 pipe plugs in the gearbox, one lower and one higher. Where should the oil level be? Thanks for any and all information.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hi all, I have a 5 foot International World Agritech Corp bush hog and the seal leaks. Does anyone have instructions for changing it? Also, there are 2 pipe plugs in the gearbox, one lower and one higher. Where should the oil level be? Thanks for any and all information.
If its the top seal behind the PTO shaft it is pretty straight forward. Remove the shaft and yoke, remove the seal and replace.
The filler plugs you mention are for adding and checking the gear oil with the lower plug out pour new gear oil into the top hole until it starts coming out the lower hole, when this occurs your filled up.
You should also check to see if the top plug has a vent in it as well. I have two bush hogs and both are made like that. If the vent gets clogged it can allow enough pressure to build up to push the gear oil past the seals. You might check that first as it might solve your problem with out taking anything apart unless its just pouring out.
If its the bottom seal its about the same deal , you would remove the blades, stump jumper if equipped, lower flange and then the seal.
Also keep in mind that sometimes they will have an E clip holding them on place that's hard to see and makes it hard to get apart.

Regardless still check that vent plug as its most likely the reason your leak has started other than age or grass or weeds getting wrapped around and cutting the seal.
Best of luck
Greg

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Greg, thanks for the information. It is the bottom seal, it does not leak to badly, and the oil plug is not vented. I'll change it to a vented plug and see if that fixes the problem. Would a hardware store sell a vented plug?
Pat

1 - 3 of 3 Posts