My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Afternoon.
Well I replaced the head gaskets on my engine.. Doing ok for a non mechanical guy.. I got to re attaching the governor arm to the Governor shaft.. Manual says to turn the arm all the way counter clockwise and the shaft, all the way clock ways. If I do this, the shaft will not move. with the trottle moving.. I have the spring attached to the arm and to the throttle control lever.. Page 78 of 957 , or Section 3-41.
I'm getting close to getting this tractor up and running again..
Denis..

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
I went through your problem on a 445 and it's kind of tricky to do as the manual says. You have to hold the governor arm fully clockwise and then tighten the set screw while holding the arm against the stop. I used a long shaft to fit over the shaft to hold it in place while tightening the set screw.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help.. Going to play around with this.. In reading over the manual and following HeyYou's directions.. I'm hoping to get it right on the third, fourth, fifth attempt.. Was hoping for a magical, stand on your left foot while pointing east and tighten up the screw. Appreciate the help.. Denis

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.