My Tractor Forum banner

How strong is a LX188??

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Jim_WV 
#1 ·
OK... well I know its not a GT, and i dont plan on doing any plowing with it, but as far as LT's go... how sturdy is it? it will be mowing about 2-3 acreas a week in the summer, and its not a smooth golfcorse type lawn!! Am I going to beat it to a pulp? or is it a pretty tough LT?

#3 ·
paul, if your mowing 2-3 acres a week, you want something with a wide cut that goes fast. i would measure the deck on the lx188 and see how fast she goes :fing32:

#5 ·
I have a friend who's dad got a lx188 new and it has endured many years of hard use. They still use it to this day. My friend got into some chicken wire with it one day. After an hour of cutting wire off the deck he was back mowing no problem. It should do fine for you.

#8 ·
We had one for ten trouble free years mowing 2-3 acres weekly ( 48" deck with a power flow bagger ). Upgraded to a X520 last year just to get a larger deck.

#9 ·
It's a good little tractor, I had a LX176( 3 less HP then a 188) for 6 years and used it qiute hard and it never complained. I only had a 38" deck though, if you have the 48" it should do just fine although a bigger LX2XX or GT2XX would be more comfortable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.