My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my Husqvarna for 3 years and it only has 50 hrs on it. I noticed in my manual it suggested replacing my fuel filter at 25 hrs or once a year (I believe).

I called Lowes but they said they are 17.00. That seem high? Also,I'm not having problems but try to keep maintenance up as the manual advises.

Do y'all replace annually or what?

·
Registered
988 Posts
So far only about once every 300 hours or so. I see little reason to replace it unless there is a sense that the engine is not running optimally.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
It might be just me, but I'm a little paranoid about todays ethonal fuels. I think they aid in the degradation of fuel lines and pass this junk through the filter. I replace the filter and fuel lines at the start of every lawn mowing season.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It might be just me, but I'm a little paranoid about todays ethonal fuels. I think they aid in the degradation of fuel lines and pass this junk through the filter. I replace the filter and fuel lines at the start of every lawn mowing season.
I have been adding the Stabil treatment for ethanol. I also add the other Stabil when I'm storing for the winter.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I can still get the 100% gas....

My local auto parts store has the best prices on fuel filters. I found out today that my John Deere dealer has good prices too. Check around. Fuel filters that I use are clear, if they look good....

I would rather see the air filter overly maintained than the fuel filter. :)

·
21,405 Posts
About every 500 - 600 hours unless a problem shows up. I think that I changed the fuel filter on my MF1655 3 or 4 times in 2500 hours. My Husqvarna is still original at 160+ hours.

Air and oil filters get changed a lot more often, but even they don't get changed at less than recommended hours.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts