My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a JDJX85 commercial pushmower that I bought new the last year they produced them. I have used it every year for trimming and a big hill I have in the backyard. Due to health problems I don't use it for the hill any longer. I was over at the dealership the other day looking at some other toys and the salesperson came over to me and said that I should just sell him the mower. Of course all he wanted to give me was $40.00. I didn't say anything other than I'm not ready to sell it yet. I paid almost $950.00 and maybe more when I got it and it is still in prestine condition. How badly was he trying to rip me off?

·
JD318
990 Posts
I'd say, pretty badly. Tell him to go take a hike. If it's in as good condition as you say, it's worth quite a bit more than that...

·
Registered
300 Posts
$40....... IMHO thats beyond insulting !

As noted above, pics would be a big help.

FWIW, Locally, most nice homeowner versions of the JD SB and JX don't last but a day or two on CL with an asking price of $250-$275. Not surprisingly the dude asking $380 for his is still trying to sell it LOL

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
i picked up a mint 85 this spring at my snapper dealer for only 200$-i got a steal . the jx85 was so expencive even comm users balked at the high price. the 14sc(early jx85 with out bbc} is the best mower i have ever owned hands down . its also the most beat up looking and you would never believe it still runs by looking at it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you guys for your responses. I kind of figured this to be the case. It almost makes me not want to go back to that JD dealer. I love that mower and it has always started on the first pull. I am terrible with the camera, but I'll see if I can get the wife to take a few pictures...

·
Administrator
21,676 Posts
I agree with the others. Actually, I would be a bit insulted. Wonder what he'd do if you offered him about $1900 for a new 300 series?

·
The Sea of Green Machines
4,796 Posts
I think you might have ran into one of our forum members? There are a few that think life is a free lunch... but most here would say that is just plain ridiculous offer. Im surprized he didnt ask you to load it up and pay for gas to get home as a condition of sale.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts