My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While driving through town the other day, I noticed my neighbor had a AC 314D for sale. Interested, I pulled over and took a look at it. I later got in contact with him and he said the engine was recently rebuilt and so it was in good running condition. However it does not come with the deck, but does come with a front plow. The paint is pretty rough, and it needs a new seat bad. I'm looking to restore this, but he is asking $550 for it. I don't know how much these usually go for, but do you think that is a good deal or should I let it pass? What do you think it would be worth from the description?

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
$250 with out deck. Maybe $300 cause of rebuilt motor.

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Depends on the market in your area, what blade is on the front? Does it have trip springs and angle adjustment from the seat? Without seeing it I would say am easy 4-450 in decent cosmetic condition and mechanically sound, if the rebuild was a complete machine shop build with oe parts maybe a little more ( not just a re ring and valve lap rebuild).

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Everything is there, had him start it up and sounded like new. I didn't check what plow brand it is but it is controlled from the seat, both height and angle. I ended up getting it for $500 because he threw in an old leaf blower and a couple smaller engines he had no use for, one of which happened to be one I was looking for. He also threw in a bunch of other things just for the heck of it so I'm happy with that.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
If your happy with the deal that's what matters in the end. Prices seem to really vary by region, around here things seem to be a little higher then some area's. Deals can be had but not the norm.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If he didn't throw in all the other stuff, I probably wouldn't have got it. But since he did I think it was a fair deal for all the stuff. I will post pictures of it before and after restoration soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts