My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a fellow that wants A VSP trans out of a MTD turf track ... .. ..It works good..I have never sold one before ...Iwas thinking 100-150 range ......is that to much

·
Simplicity Benn
1,574 Posts
when i was on the search for the same trans i was getting prices in that range, i think 110 was the lower end and 175 being the most.

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when i was on the search for the same trans i was getting prices in that range, i think 110 was the lower end and 175 being the most.

ty ben I paid 150 for one but it was a newer model ..This is a mid 80s style ..I offered to the guy for $100 just to get rid of it sick of looking at it lol..Cant keep everything ......How did you make out with your points ..Did you get it fixed ...If you need anything let me know i have alot of MTD stuff kicking around and a few others clearing out some to make more room for more lol

·
The voice of reason !
2,720 Posts
ty ben I paid 150 for one but it was a newer model ..This is a mid 80s style ..I offered to the guy for $100 just to get rid of it sick of looking at it lol..Cant keep everything ......How did you make out with your points ..Did you get it fixed ...If you need anything let me know i have alot of MTD stuff kicking around and a few others clearing out some to make more room for more lol
What kind of stuff do you have RR I need some add-on's for mine being it's a 699 series the new fast attach parts wont work on mine or so I'm told ?

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What kind of stuff do you have RR I need some add-on's for mine being it's a 699 series the new fast attach parts wont work on mine or so I'm told ?

I dont have any Attachments .I have never seen any for them to be honest .All i have is tires front axles..Tires rims ..Afew decks 2 tranys ,I also have some AYP/yard pro stuff ,2 trannys for them ,an old jake RER, a little Toro whirl wind RER,and a few other things will make a full list and post what i have when i go to shop tomorrow ...I know i have lots more just cant remember everything lol

·
Simplicity Benn
1,574 Posts
thanks for asking RR, i actually ditched the points and condensor. its kind of a mystery how this happened but i found out that for less money then a new set of points i could buy a magnetron kit to change my points coil over to electronic. the mysterious part in all this was that in order for this to swap out to work my fly wheel should have been sent out to briggs to get it re-polarized. but for whatever reason i kept it the same and still got spark, i have a running 990 now.

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for asking RR, i actually ditched the points and condensor. its kind of a mystery how this happened but i found out that for less money then a new set of points i could buy a magnetron kit to change my points coil over to electronic. the mysterious part in all this was that in order for this to swap out to work my fly wheel should have been sent out to briggs to get it re-polarized. but for whatever reason i kept it the same and still got spark, i have a running 990 now.

congrats man good to hear that you got it going post some pics ....I am looking for a garden tractor with a snow blower getting lazy lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts