My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It came with my 79 448. I don't remember its width. There is a fair amount of play when you grab the tine shaft.

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Condition is everything and only you can judge that since it's your tiller. Something in really nice condition should bring $450.00 but something that is beat up and well worn might be worth less than $100.00. The demand for one in your area will also affect value.

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
Are you sure the play is in the shaft and not the extensions? Make sure the actual shaft (close to housing) has no play. If it does the bearing are shot. Not hard tyo repair but the bearing are not cheap, at least from Ingersoll. i matched the numbers through MSC for less than half the price. I paid 50 for my tiller but totally restored it. It was in decent shape but tines were worn and some missing.

MU

·
Registered
232 Posts
....speaking of tillers, does the Case hydraulic tiller have a depth adjustment bar? Can they be mounted to both sleeve hitch and 3pt setups?...sorry for barging in.....:sorry1:

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
....speaking of tillers, does the Case hydraulic tiller have a depth adjustment bar? Can they be mounted to both sleeve hitch and 3pt setups?...sorry for barging in.....:sorry1:
The drag bar will have some effect on the deepth, but primarily set by how far you drop your hitch.

The Case/Ingersoll tillers are built for the sleeve hitch, but a sleeve hitch adapter is available for the 3 point.

A nice tiller will bring as much as $600. The demand is very high and the supply is low at this time. I could sell several if I had them! The last one I sold brought $500. The one before that, $400 with really bad paint, though mechanically fine.

Play could also be in the chain inside the case.

·
Registered
232 Posts
danke

1 - 6 of 6 Posts