My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How long was it before you had your first problem?

Going onto my third year with my LA 100 without a problem.How about you! How long before something went wrong and what was it?.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
30 minutes. "OTHER'S" younger brother wouldn't die. Faulty ignition switch. Ran for the next 10 years mowing 2 acres.

·
Registered
12,406 Posts
About 5 hours. GX steering wheel adjuster failed ("wasn't lubed correctly at the factory"). Snow thrower attachment failed before first snow. ("Bearing assembly wasn't assembled correctly at the factory.") Both fixed at the same time and after that, WHALL=YO!... sweet to this point! Just the regular maintenance stuff like deck idlers, drive belt idlers(several), belts.... No complaints other than idler bearing quality... but since JD used the cheaper bearings to keep the original price of the tractor down, I guess I'll just.... bear it and grin..:D

·
AKA Moses Lawnagan
4,642 Posts
Nothing yet at 155 hrs on the X748, but at about 400 hrs/6 yrs. on my GT 235, the bolt holding the pto clutch to the crankshaft lossened enough for the clutch to drop about an inch, damaged the wiring going into the clutch. Had to replace the clutch.

·
Premium Member
7,949 Posts
350 hours, which was 6 years on my Scotts "Made by John Deere" L2548 Lawn tractor. The engine died and wouldn't restart. The connecting rods on both pistons had broken and taken one of the cylinder skirts with them. This was a 25hp B&S Intec V-twin. My next door neighbor put an old Kohler Command horizontally opposed twin in it and it's still running good.

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
Was into my 2nd. year with my JD L120 when the tension spring broke on the deck. Course I think it was my own fault after running over some large size twigs and believe one of them caught the spring. A quick trip to my dealer for a new spring and I was back in buisness. Nothing else YET, at 6 years old and close to 300 hrs. :coffee:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts