My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all! Had to replace the lift shaft (Item # 11) on my L130. In doing so a spring (item # 17) fell off before I could see where it was hooked up.

I believe that the forward end hooks onto the shaft I just installed but I do not know where the back end of the spring goes.

My back is giving out so hard to maneuver about like upside down fat worm looking for likely spots. Parts diagram attached to show those item numbers.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

DH

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,306 Posts
Greetings all! Had to replace the lift shaft (Item # 11) on my L130. In doing so a spring (item # 17) fell off before I could see where it was hooked up.

I believe that the forward end hooks onto the shaft I just installed but I do not know where the back end of the spring goes.

My back is giving out so hard to maneuver about like upside down fat worm looking for likely spots. Parts diagram attached to show those item numbers.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

DH
I would say it hooks onto Part# 21

John Deere L108 Mower Deck Lift Lever Assembly GY20608 GX20032 L110 L120 L130 | eBay

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks jimbochap. Crawled out to check this out. Actually after a few min I saw the signs of wear on a slot in the forward area of the black sheet metal frame structure that covers the transmission. That looked about ripe for the location due to wear appearance & distance. (I will take a pic & post it in followup message) I had to pull the arm (part # 20 in the parts image) off of its mounting shaft to give enough flexibility of movement. I had already removed the slotted height control positioning plate so the positioning arm was pretty loose.

With that done, it was easy enough to slip the end of the spring into the slot and reassemble. The front of the spring, with the longer end extension, hooks onto the hole in the welded on arm on part# 11, the lifting shaft. I had missed all this when the parts fell on disassembly.

I believe that if you had a long & strong enough hooked spring puller, you could inset it in through the back of the frame housing and have someone pull the spring back while you slipped it in place but that is a theoretical fantasy.

Although your exact guess was wrong it lead me directly to the solution so by me that was at least a 1-pointer as opposed to the elusive 3-pointer.

Thank you for the assist. Will take a pic later when I go out into the blazing sun to install the deck. This is a GREAT site & community!

DH :thThumbsU

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here are the pix of the front & rear attachment points for the spring that assists with the lifting of the mower deck. If anyone knew this, well don't look. But if like me yesterday, before I achieved true knowledge, wish I had seen these images then.

DH

Attachments

·
2,818 Posts
Looks legit to me... and for having thought it out, you're not only smarter, but also wiser. :)

·
Premium Member
6,306 Posts
Yup, that is correct I was just coming back to let you know I looked at my neighbor's L110 and yes they is a slit on the side in the black frame part directly under the seat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here are the pix of the front & rear attachment points for the spring that assists with the lifting of the mower deck. If anyone knew this, well don't look. But if like me yesterday, before I achieved true knowledge, wish I had seen these images then.

DH
So I reattached my spring correctly but its still not lifting the deck... please help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Kcamp--I have had exactly the same problem with the lift linkage not working. Pulling the lift lever back to raise the height of the deck does nothing. Like you, I have disassembled the components of the lift linkage and reassembled them with no change in the outcome. However, I think I have narrowed it down to an issue with the lever itself. Its shape or configuration simply doesn't provide the correct force and alignment to make the mechanism work. I researched to find any info I could about the lever. What I found is that the original part number for that lever was GX25815. However, that part now has a substitute, part #GX25185. Go to: partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/65843/referrer/navigation/pgld/193454886
You will see what I mean. I am wondering if it was substituted because of issues like ours. Unfortunately, there is not a photo of the substitute part for me to make a comparison between my (our) current lever and the substitute one. I may be able to find out more by contacting an exclusive John Deere service/parts dealership (Which are few and far between) to see if they know anything about this issue. Today is Sunday, and my nearest dealership, about 1 1/2 hours from home, is not open until tomorrow. I will call then. If I find out anything from them, I will let you know.
It may end up that I'll just have to order part GX25185 and try it out.
I will keep you posted on my progress. Please keep me posted on anything you may find out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Kcamp--sorry--I have to correct a couple of mistakes I made in my first post.

1. I listed both the old and new lever with the same part number. The correct info is this: original lever is part number GX24333. The new replacement part is GX25815

2. The web address I gave you for the parts won't work by typing it in or copying and pasting it.
This address will work: www.green-parts-direct.com//john-deere-part-GX24333-Handle/PD/4490584
Then click on the link to JDGX25185

I'll get back to you as to what I find.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts