My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
dirtgeezer
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a memory card for my camera but it don't fit. The card is a Digital Media 2.0 GB and it came with a device to hold the memory card and it has a USB connection and a circuit board that will plug into a 2.0 USB port on myHP computer. Question:
How do I store data, pics ect., from my computer onto the memory card. The computer also has a card reader slot on it marked MMc/SD.

here is the devive:

X Digital USB 2.0 SD Memory Card Reader/Writer

Allows you to transfer files or pictures back and forth from media devices
Model#: SDHCCRW I haven't found any information anywhere about using the memory card writer anywhere. Can anyone help me???????

·
Janitor at Large
5,624 Posts
Plug in the card to the slot or to the reader.......When you do, it should come up as a new drive in "My Computer".........Just transfer the info to there from your "C" drive.

·
Registered
12,406 Posts
Just transfer the info to there from your "C" drive.
To the SyberStupid like myself that phrase is meaningless and begs the re-question "HOW?" or "By what proceedure?" Not all of us are in complete control of these dastardly machines (yet:D!).:)

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
Copy & Paste or Drag and Drop.

·
dirtgeezer
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have any trouble copy and pasteing or moving files around in My Documents. My problem is the new stupid way that MY Computer now operates since it was "upgraded" In order to find out what files are on a drive you have to do a search of that device and plug in some word or letters in a file that you want to view. What if you are looking for a list of all the files on the device, and don't know if it has files or not?

I don't have a clue what name is given to the 2 gig USB ports or either of the card readers on the front of the HP computer. How do I get around that stupid search requirements and view what files are on each drives? The userguide on the hard drive don't help.
Thanks!

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
14,576 Posts
Try viewing your files in Windows Explorer. Right click the Start button, choose "explore". Scroll down near the bottom of the left pane and you should see your other drives listed. Just click on the one you want to view. The files should come up in the right pane. :madpc:

·
dirtgeezer
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! That is a great help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts