My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there instructions somewhere for removing a 200CX loader from a JD 2305? I've checked in the owner's manual and didn't see anything.

Thanks

Curt

·
W5CPT
190 Posts
The instructions are in the Loader Manual. If you do not have one, you can find it online here:

JD Manuals

Click on "Owner's Manuals", Then put in "200CX" and you will find Detaching the loader in Section 20 and Attaching Loader in Section 25.

It really is easy. But remember to cycle the Loader Control Handle, AFTER you turn off the tractor and BEFORE you disconnect the hoses. This is mentioned in the manual but bears repeating because of the danger of not relieving the pressure in the lines.

·
Registered
45 Posts
1. Find a level spot, preferably hard surface, and lower the bucket until you see the top latches raise slightly.

2. Lift top latches until they lock in the upward position.

3. Put tractor in NEUTRAL and work the joystick so it raises the loader arms and deploys the support stand. The tractor should back away slightly as you do this so keep foot off brake.

4. When loader is supported by support stand and free of tractor shut off the engine.

5. Work joystick in all 4 quadrants several times to relieve pressure.

6. Detach hoses and make sure they are free from tractor. (I always have a shop rag ready to wipe off the fittings and protective caps before putting them on).

7. Start up and back away.

8. Done

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info and the link. Not knowing any better I would have started removing bolts down there.

·
Registered
147 Posts
1. Find a level spot, preferably hard surface, and lower the bucket until you see the top latches raise slightly.

2. Lift top latches until they lock in the upward position.

3. Put tractor in NEUTRAL and work the joystick so it raises the loader arms and deploys the support stand. The tractor should back away slightly as you do this so keep foot off brake.

4. When loader is supported by support stand and free of tractor shut off the engine. Raise until top latches click back down into place.

5. Work joystick in all 4 quadrants several times to relieve pressure.

6. Detach hoses and make sure they are free from tractor. (I always have a shop rag ready to wipe off the fittings and protective caps before putting them on).

7. Start up and back away.

8. Done
Close but one step was a partial step. When the top latches click back down the loader is "balanced" for a lack of a better term, and more weight is on the bucket then on the landing gear (less likely to fall, or collapse).

·
W5CPT
190 Posts
Okay so do you have a video on a 300x and a 3720?
The 300X is not removable. It must be a CX model to have the removal "kickstand" feature.

·
9K+ Poster
12,164 Posts
The 300X is not removable. It must be a CX model to have the removal "kickstand" feature.
Clint,

I'm convinced Deere did this to confuse things, but the 300X and 300CX differences are not the same as on the 200X and 200CX. In the case of the big brothers, both have stands but the CX has a higher lift capacity. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts