My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks,

First post. I am located in Missouri near St. Louis and am getting ready to sell my John Deere GT 262. How do I determine what a fair value is for my tractor?

Thanks,
Darryl

·
The Gate Keeper
1,181 Posts
Hello folks,

First post. I am located in Missouri near St. Louis and am getting ready to sell my John Deere GT 262. How do I determine what a fair value is for my tractor?

Thanks,
Darryl
Go to http://www.machinefinder.com/, put in your model and see what they are selling for at dealers in your area. That will give you a range of what they are for sale for.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Go to http://www.machinefinder.com/, put in your model and see what they are selling for at dealers in your area. That will give you a range of what they are for sale for.
I agree, however, understand others will expect a better deal from a private seller over a dealership...even a 15 year old mower. I would love to have a GT262 as my backup mower. I really like the GT262s and was looking for them on varioius sites awhile back. Seems in my region (Chicago) a decent one from the early to mid 90s was running from 1K to 1.5K. Saw one in central Illinois that was in pristine condition, as well as photos can represent. Anyways, it looked like it was rarely used or VERY well maintained to include regular baths. It sold for $1200.00 Does yours have an hour meter? From a buyers perspective, that would help you. Always good to know how much it has been used. When the shock of my x320 purchase wears off my wife, in about 5 years, I will be seriously looking for a GT262 or a Toro Wheelhorse. In conclusion, I think there is a nice size market for a gear driven reasonably priced garden tractor. Good luck, nice machine!

·
Super Moderator
17,815 Posts
Grasshopper is right. google jd262 for sale and several will pop up from different sites. it will give you a good idea at least. Good Luck
Jerry this thread is over 11 years Old

·
Premium Member
8,761 Posts
why is it still active??
It wasn't active. It was still available, as are all threads on this site, no matter how old. Old threads are never archived or locked by default. You "activated" it by posting a new message to the thread.

·
Registered
254 Posts
why is it still active??
Recommended reading, at the bottom of the page, often includes 'old' threads --- but they do show the dates on them.....

makes it easy to open and respond to very old threads.

This problem occurs on several forums that I spend time on.
(all seem to be VerticalScope sites that use the same software package)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts