My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some great photos on the cell phone.
I do not have internet for the phone.
My computer does not take the "chip" from the phone
Is there a way to "forward" the pics somewhere so I can download them to my computer??

·
Loving Life :-)
4,007 Posts
One way I got around that ( I don't have a smart phone either) is :

1) Make one of my phone contacts as my e-mail address

2) Send a text message to my contact at above said e- mail address

3) Retrieve picture contained in the text message from my e-mail account

4) Send / save / post where I like.

It's one way, I'm sure there are others...

·
Deceased October 2017
21,767 Posts

That's how I do it from my I-Phone, to get them on my PC and stored or posted here.

If I have more then a few, I connect the phone via the USB port and follow the instructions that pop up.

Or I send them to my Pal SonnyT via text or email and ask him to post them if I'm not home or near my PC.

·
Registered
7,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

That worked!! thank you. Now if I can keep the battery charged..............

·
4,007 Posts
That worked!! thank you. Now if I can keep the battery charged..............
You're welcome:). You're on your own with the battery though. LOL

·
Premium Member
9,781 Posts
You can do the same thing and have the pictures automatically upload to Photobucket too. Mine end up in a folder called "mobile uploads".

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
Cellphone has bluetooth as does my laptop. They can be tethered. Some phones may have a USB tether option as well.

·
NOT ENOUGH MUD OR SNOW!!!
725 Posts
I do the same thing. Hey TAHOE99, I have Verizon and when they switch out a new phone they hook it up and transfer all of my contacts and pix/vids for me.

·
Retired MTF Admin
26,564 Posts
My phone, Samsung Verizon, has a usb that plugs into the charger head that plugs into the electrical outlet when charging..I have read the pamphlet that came with it, but it does not say this is how to capture pictures to my computer..I am afraid to try it as I don't want to mess up my phone or computer!

Anyone know if this is how its done ??

·
4,007 Posts
Ken - if yours is anything like my low end "LG "that has a micro USB connection for charging only. :banghead3 I can't directly transfer anything via a wire. No chip either.

For those transferring multiple photos via the slo-poke way I suggested, in my phone I can go into the " manage photos" menu and send up to send 4 at a time. Its a bit faster, or rather,,, just less slow LOL.

·
Jack of All Trades
1,337 Posts
Emailing pics to your computer works great, and about the only way if you dont have a sd card in the phone. If you have the cable to plug your phone into the usb of your computer there is another way I found by accident. Most older non-smart phones (the ones we have had anyway) won't let you move pictures, BUT....a few years ago the wife got a new phone at Verizon. The salesman turned service to her old phone off, activated the new one. She asked how to get the pictures off the old phone. Ummmm...you don't said the guy. You have to have service and send them in a message. He even hooked up a cable to show us it couldnt be done. 5 minutes after we got home I had the pictures, contacts and calendar off her old phone and on the computer. Found a program called BitPim. It basically accesses areas of the phone your computer on it's own can't. Upload/download pictures, messages, just about everything on the phone. It will even unlock the cheesy default pictures that come with your phone and delete them to free up space. Easiest way to get free ringtones onto the phone. I was even able to program my phone ta access my own server rather than VZN's which gave me interned access using minutes only, no data plan required. Used mycell phone as a fax...all kind of neat things to do when you get into the inner workings of the dumb phones.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts