My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was given to me. It seems to drip constantly but never stops.
There may be an adjustment at the top of the Bell.
Does anybody know what kind it is? Or how to adjust it?

·
Wheel Horse
461 Posts
Hello. This looks to be a Kuhl. And the only way to adjust it is to lower your water pressure. At least with the ones i have seen. Just turn your pressure down and it should be fine. Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lowering the water pressure is among the correct answers. It just wants drip pressure.

The other part is the collar at the top of the bell.
Loosen or tighten that for the amount of weight you want down in the Cupped edge. More weight shuts the water off, less weight the plunger opens the water spigot inside the neck up there and water runs till the weight shuts it off.
Great system.

Mine leaks though. I'll find out more about that today some time.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I never figured that one out. I went to another Chicken grower and asked him about it.
He said they quit using that junk years ago and went to the Drip nipples.
So that thing is haning in the barn somewhere and I have 15 drip nipples for my Nine Chickens. :)
No drips, no leaks, and a Barrel full of water kept at the right heighth by a Toilet inlet valve I scabbed into the Barrel and hooked up to City water.

Soon the Rain gutters will be up and the Rains will keep the Barrel full so the Chickens dont drink my City water. Blue Barrel..jpg

Water comes in the top, and out the bottom, to the Drip nipples. Works great. Took the old Hens about most of a Day to find the water but after that everything is just fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts