My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after spending weeks on end searching Craigslist NY, NJ & Conn. looking for the holy grail ( somethingnew new in the wrapper @ preowned prices) I finally stumbled upon the above posted model. I am located halfway out on Long Island and this was located down near the Delaware Water Gap. Sometimes you just get that feeling this was the one, I caught the ad 10 minutes after it was posted called and said my wife and I was on the way, give me the courtesy to not sell before I arrive. Was curious why he was selling! He just bought a new $12000.00 Walker for his 1 acre plot including the house, Great, another anal fanatic like myself.

Well after struggling through the Bronx and the George Washington Bridge for hours on end in the pouring rain, I reached my destination and found nothing but a great guy who loved toys as much as me.

Anxious to see the tractor we had to make our way through all the toys, 1st the Shelby GT with only 500 miles, than the all Orig 69 Chevelle 396 with only 20K, How many of these do you find ? A orig 69 Yanko Camaro, I guess valued at somewhere near $250,000, so ok one more walk past the new Walker what a toy! OK where is the deere, well inside the climate controled room attached to the house was this brand new 2008 304X AWS under the blanket, including the rear baggging and chute and high lift blades. New doesnt do this justice, it had 38 hrs,He showed me all the receipts including one for 5 filters, he would give me the last filter left cause he changed the oil every 10 hrs. He wanted 2800 for quick sale I offered 2600 but how do I get it home?

Well we settled on the $2800.00 but on Thursday hopefully when it stops raining around here, He is bringing it all the way out to Long Island and will show me how to use everything including removing and reinstalling the deck, cutting my lawn, to show me that it is everything that he said it was.

It is people like this that restores your faith in people and all this on a handshake.

Thanks Craigslist, So how did I do :drunkie:
See you all in the JD forum
Tom

·
9K+ Poster
12,163 Posts
Congrats on your purchase! :)

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Congrats! That was a great story. Changed the oil every 10 hours! That's a bit
extreme but nice for you. Those Walkers are nice looking machine, saw some
at the farm show this spring. Ever seen their mounted turbine blower?

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
:congrats: :congrats: and a great story. Enjoy the new ride and get us some pics of it. slkpk

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Sounds like the guy I bought my WH 522xi from. He collected OPE and had owned my tractor for about 2 years and only logged 5 hours on it. He did this by starting it every once in a while to keep the battery charged. It had about 7 coats of wax on it and looked like it just came off the showroom floor.

He changed the lens cover, foot rest pads, forward/reverse pedals, new tires all around, the steering wheel, all the fluids and filters, etc.... and the tractor only had 165 hours on it when he bought it! He even bought all the manuals from the Toro website and the chrome rim covers with the WH logo on them. The only reason he was selling was to fund his new Kubota purchase. The guy only had like a .25 acre yard but really loved OPE stuff.

:congrats: on your new ride and :Welcome1: - Don't forget :wwp:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts