My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a older (1960's) Bolens with 7hp kohler, elec start, belt AND chain drive, many levers on left side. Lots of repaint. Where should I look for the serial #? Is it possible to use the mower deck, front blade serial # to cross ref what THEY would fit? Is there a site with pics? Thank you for any info!

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Sounds like a ride a matic to me. I can't help you with the location of the numbers... But I'm sure there is someone on here that can.

Jason

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
I found a older (1960's) Bolens with 7hp kohler, elec start, belt AND chain drive, many levers on left side. Lots of repaint. Where should I look for the serial #? Is it possible to use the mower deck, front blade serial # to cross ref what THEY would fit? Is there a site with pics? Thank you for any info!
If you bought that in Peru NY its a 1959 rideamatic.

·
Registered
265 Posts
here's a pic mite not be what your talking about but it's a 1959 Bolens rideamatic
Are you sure thats a '59 ?

The I beam axle in front points towards a '60. However in speaking at length with Mr. Watkins out in WI he informed me both late year 59's and 60's may have both rolled off assembly line with I beam Front axles (Earlier 59's were round) and the only way to be absolutely sure of the year was if the Gear Case was fully enclosed under seat (1960) If a spacer was used between the two outer gear plate covers (1959).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts