My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I went to the 62nd Annual Thresherman's Reunion today (August 21, 2010) in Kinzers, Pennsylvania. For more information about this event and the location, check out their web site at: http://www.roughandtumble.org/index.asp

Well what can I say? I had a great time! This is my 2nd Reunion and my 3rd time going to this place. It is always fun! Lots to see and hear...amazing how folks farmed in the old days!

Anyhow, how about some pictures?:fing32: (We know how addicted you are all to them!!!)

My favorite picture of the day... When a single photo can tell you a whole story, you know you "got the shot":fing32:

This little girl stole the show! She was in a very popular class and drove it home to a second place finish! Check out that concentration!!!

This diesel was a beast! It pulled with turf tires like the others with bars! Plus the sound!!!

And because we are all JD fans! How about a 140 h3?

A restored round fender 110...

This was the only scary moment of the show...This pretty girl pulls up with a awesome looking "60". When she started her pull the front came right up!:Stop:

One track official needs to find a new line of work...!:fing20:

Getting her shut down...

Yes she was OK...told ya it was a nice tractor!

And the reason for the wheelie? Check out the hitch height! Never should be above the axle! The officials should have caught that one!

She wasn't playin around!

The END of the show! All that was left was a pull off...oh well:praying:

There are a LOT more pictures here if you are interested:
http://www.pbase.com/bchang/roughandtumble

Hope you enjoyed:trink39:

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
Nice pics thanks for sharing :fing32:

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,747 Posts
Great pics! That pic of the "official" had me rolling. Thanks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Excellent photos, thanks for sharing them with us.

·
Simplicity Benn
1,574 Posts
Goin to my first pull next weekend, can't wait! Thanks for the pics!

·
Registered
317 Posts
That was neat! thanks for posting Brian.

·
Has anyone seen ChimChim?
6,553 Posts
Great work Brian.

Are you shooting Raw? And do you do much post processing?

·
9K+ Poster
12,161 Posts
Thanks for sharing that with us! :thThumbsU

·
6,553 Posts

This deserves a caption contest.. In another thread, maybe in Off Topic :)

·
Simplicity Benn
1,574 Posts
do you recall how this ol' allis made out with the turfs?

Attachments

·
Roll Tide Roll!!!
62 Posts
Looked like a fun day! Thanks for the post!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saint

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
do you recall how this ol' allis made out with the turfs?
Hi Benn,
If I remember right, not in the top 3. The turfs don't work at all here unless it was that Oliver with a diesel. That thing pulled!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Great work Brian.

Are you shooting Raw? And do you do much post processing?
Hi Brett,
I used to shoot RAW all the time but now I shoot so much, I just shoot .jpg in the highest possible setting. I loose a bit of DNR but not enough to warrant the extra work. And yes I post process EVERY image that goes on the net.

There are TONS of arguments about shooting RAW vs jpg. I have done both and clearly see the benefits and drawbacks from each. jpg works best for me.

And the D3 gives such rich jpg's that I am able to recover most mistakes anyhow. Love that camera!

·
6,553 Posts
I sort of figured there was post processing involved. That's just not something I ever got into, the end results are spectacular no doubt, but it's labor intensive. I shot Raw with my D-SLR because that was all it shot, there was no in-camera JPEG engine so anything shot had to be converted to JPEG with the software. No a days, even though I can shoot raw, I just shoot super fine JPEG as it's easier to work with. The software for my Fuji is a bit clunky on converting from Raw to JPEG and it takes forever to do it and I'm not shelling out mega bucks for DXO Labs or C1.

You certainly have your composition skills and your work flow in order, your final results are sharp, vibrant and full of life!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts