My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Shop = My Therapy
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The front lights on our house looked terrible. They were really old and prior owners didn't remove them when they painted the house. Priced some new ones - OUCH! So I restored the old ones. The wife and I think they look great. What do you think?

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 4.JPG

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
Looks good! Always a great idea to clean up and save the old stuff rather than throwing it away. Saved you a lot of cash for more important things.

Like tractors.

Mike

·
the "AWOL member"
4,954 Posts
Looks good! Always a great idea to clean up and save the old stuff rather than throwing it away. Saved you a lot of cash for more important things.
:ditto: It's always good to refurbish and keep the old stuff in working order,besides I bet those old fixtures are of a better quality than what you can buy today.:thThumbsU

·
Banned
271 Posts
Looks good!

Its hard to believe how expensive a simple outdoor light is.

·
Deceased October 2017
21,767 Posts
They look great !! A good paint job will do the trick everytime.

And like said, it's good to see stuff like that done. Back when I did residential electrical work, I often changed outdoor light fixtures for customers and kept the old ones to clean up and resell or to give away to friends.

Many times they were changed because they were just dirty or needing some paint as you did. I've replaced some good fixtures with some real junk, but they "looked" better. And required no effort other then a little elbow grease. Guess when you have $$ its not worth it to some.

·
Shop = My Therapy
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone. They were better quality than the new ones. A little sanding, steel wool on the glass, and some paint. They look and work as good as new. Only took a few hours of time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts